€38 for Jimmy Cliff live

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: €38 for Jimmy Cliff live

Postby Living Bate » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:42 am

lankou wrote: he avoided the hardships many veterans of his generation went through.

I never thought about it like that...
Living Bate

Postby lankou » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:47 am

... and he was smarter than many of his colleagues business-wise! :wink:
lankou

Postby AT2JA » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:23 pm

The show was very good, surprisingly THTC was skipped and the Lion King tune was played. :D

Lots of the new album (no Guns of Brixton unfortunately) and cool versions of Miss Jamaica, Rivers of Babylon and yes, Bongo Man :D . Unfortunately Reggae Night was played as well. :roll:

The band is tight as hell and mashed it up even though they looked like they weren't always sure what Jimmy had in store as he seemed to be calling the shots especially regarding encores.

An accapella version of "The Rebel In Me" was surprising. As was no "Blessed Love".

Jimmy's voice is s still very strong, he sounded fantastic. I'd go again if given the chance.
AT2JA

Postby Living Bate » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:51 am

AT2JA wrote:The show was very good, surprisingly THTC was skipped and the Lion King tune was played. :D

Lots of the new album (no Guns of Brixton unfortunately) and cool versions of Miss Jamaica, Rivers of Babylon and yes, Bongo Man :D . Unfortunately Reggae Night was played as well. :roll:

The band is tight as hell and mashed it up even though they looked like they weren't always sure what Jimmy had in store as he seemed to be calling the shots especially regarding encores.

An accapella version of "The Rebel In Me" was surprising. As was no "Blessed Love".

Jimmy's voice is s still very strong, he sounded fantastic. I'd go again if given the chance.

glad you enjoyed it....

I know 38 is a fair wack, but I think Jimmy gives you 38 sheets worth of performance....
Living Bate

Postby Adam P » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:02 am

Worth it just for "Many Rivers to Cross" will send a shiver down your spine
Adam P

Previous

Return to General discussion