Gregory Isaacs 12" and extended mixes

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Gregory Isaacs 12" and extended mixes

Postby ice » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:39 pm

there are two compilations he did with DEB - both have (as far as I remember) three extended GI tracks each
ice

Postby Jah Power » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:57 pm

ice wrote:there are two compilations he did with DEB - both have (as far as I remember) three extended GI tracks each

Do you know the names? Were they LP or CD or both?
Jah Power

Postby jb welda » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:54 pm

he is probably talking about the judge not on greensleeves and I forget the title but they did another set together on greensleeves a year or two after "rumours". both were available on vinyl and are probably still at least available on cd. both contained most or all extended mixes. edit: oh yeah it was called no contest and it contained Gregory solo, deb solo, and gi and deb combo tunes all extended.

then there was two bad superstars and two bad superstars II, I forget which label maybe burning sounds or csa, as I recall all extended mixes edit: correction all in a disco showcase style eg: vocal followed by version as separate tracks. next edit: further correction all appear to be extended tracks not showcase style:

http://www.roots-archives.com/display_artwork/5652.jpg

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby jb welda » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:13 pm

as mentioned that judge not compilation from GI and DEB was available on cd as on vinyl but the cd had some extra tracks, including, to me the best of the bunch for the whole set: a combo version of Let Off Sup'm that is really nice and has a good extended version here. much better than the GI solo track of the song to me, DEBs voice really sounds nice here. the other bonus track here is a solid discomix of DEB To the Foundation, again right up there or better than the rest of the (original vinyl release) album. the rest of it I never really cared for too much, all the tracks sound pretty dry to me and not too inspired or inspiring. but that's probably just me because there are really some nice tracks on there especially if you like the Gussie Clarke Music Works sound of the day. All excellent JA vet players on it yet it just never really did it for me.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby ice » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:36 pm

yeah, I wasthinking of "Two Bad Superstars" and "Judge not"
ice

Previous

Return to General discussion