Eddie Murphy reggae tune

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Eddie Murphy reggae tune

Postby Roman » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:13 am

Living Bate wrote:
Roman wrote:
but when you put out music that is worthy of discussion I will discuss it......

First of all: What is your definition of "music that is worthy of discussion"?

Because you know bloke - I always put out music that is worthy of discussion. Always my friend )
Roman

Postby Living Bate » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:49 am

Roman wrote:
Living Bate wrote:
Roman wrote:
but when you put out music that is worthy of discussion I will discuss it......

First of all: What is your definition of "music that is worthy of discussion"?

Because you know bloke - I always put out music that is worthy of discussion. Always my friend )

okay....when its relevant I will discuss it...
Living Bate

Postby Roman » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:01 am

Living Bate wrote:
okay....when its relevant I will discuss it...

Your reply simply means u ain't got nothing to say. "When it's relevant" :lol:
Roman

Postby Mick Sleeper » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:06 pm

Living Bate wrote:Snoop talks about rasta, but he is still referring to people as N**s and B**s........I cant see any person of any faith thinking that is the right way to behave......

Last thing I heard Eddie Murphy wouldn't even greet his fans without wearing gloves......call it OCD or whatever you want.....but don't talk to me about the people if you cant even bear to touch them......

Don't know if that argument really holds up. Buju Banton got busted for attempting to traffic cocaine, and he's been known to pull knives on people he doesn't agree with. Dennis Brown had a crack cocaine habit and relations with teenage girls. Do you think that reggae always must be created by peaceful rastamen with halos over their heads? I don't have really strong feelings about Eddie Murphy or Snoop, but think that (surprisingly) they have crafted a fine reggae song together. It seems rather churlish to dismiss or condemn them.
Without music, life is an error. (Nietzsche)
Bass Culture: http://podcast.upsetter.net
Eternal Thunder: http://www.upsetter.net/scratch
Mick Sleeper

Postby Living Bate » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:36 pm

Mick Sleeper wrote:
Living Bate wrote:Snoop talks about rasta, but he is still referring to people as N**s and B**s........I cant see any person of any faith thinking that is the right way to behave......

Last thing I heard Eddie Murphy wouldn't even greet his fans without wearing gloves......call it OCD or whatever you want.....but don't talk to me about the people if you cant even bear to touch them......

Don't know if that argument really holds up. Buju Banton got busted for attempting to traffic cocaine, and he's been known to pull knives on people he doesn't agree with. Dennis Brown had a crack cocaine habit and relations with teenage girls. Do you think that reggae always must be created by peaceful rastamen with halos over their heads? I don't have really strong feelings about Eddie Murphy or Snoop, but think that (surprisingly) they have crafted a fine reggae song together. It seems rather churlish to dismiss or condemn them.

do I think reggae must be created by peaceful rastamen??......don't talk to me like i'm an idiot.....

what im saying is these two made their name from a very different trade to what they are involving themself in now.....if reggae music is your calling then that's what it is.....but jumping into it in this manner strikes me as a fad.....and its not my cup of tea.....

you listen to that if that's what you like.......

but to me its **** and I'd rather listen to a Groundation demo tape than that plastic nonsense....
Living Bate

Postby Dubba » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:50 pm

Have to agree that Snoop and Eddie are impostors who should stick to what they do best which is make crap hip-hop and **** poor movies.
Dubba

Postby jb welda » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:27 pm

Well maybe I am looking at this wrong because I always thought eddie murphy was a very talented individual who really brought a lot to whatever role he played, in movies, stand up comedy, and music. at least up till 10 years ago or so when he appeared to become a whole lot less accessible anyway. I was pretty much an eddie murphy fan from back in the SNL days and I think he is doing some great work here too, bandwagonist or not.

at least its not steven segal being "into" reggae.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Ranking Glasses » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:02 pm

Eddie Murphy has been singing reggae for a long time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3eZi3MfRJY

It's interesting but if you look closely at the Red Light video you can see him imitating Bob in both movement and voice. Reggae is dying in many ways so if these big stars are keeping it alive I suppose it's a good thing.
Ranking Glasses

Previous

Return to General discussion