Liam Bailey & Shy FX - Soon Come

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Liam Bailey & Shy FX - Soon Come

Postby Living Bate » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:25 pm

nickus wrote:Soon come, soon come....ok but WHEN ? :mrgreen:

Beautiful job, the first sample is Lloyd charmer (ishan cup) but what's the second one, the horn line? maybe overdubbed?

according to Rodigan this riddim was completely rebuilt.....there is no sampling involved.....

Shy FX even went to the lengths of recording it onto a vintage reel to give it an authentic sound....

I doubted it at first because it sounded so similar that it had to be sampled.....but I now think if you listen carefully there are some intricate differences
Living Bate

Postby lankou » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:15 am

i wouldn't pay one penny to get it on bloody mp3 but i'd be willing to fork out some more for some plastic slice. Come on,Mr producer, make an effort! :x
lankou

Postby Living Bate » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:43 am

lankou wrote:i wouldn't pay one penny to get it on bloody mp3 but i'd be willing to fork out some more for some plastic slice. Come on,Mr producer, make an effort! :x

amen brother
Living Bate

Postby minidub » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:13 pm

seriously, i have been listening to this tune several times a day; it's just a gem. the vibes remind me very much of how i would feel when listening to ray darwin's "people's choice" when that first hit.

are there plans to release as a 7"? PLEASE DO! give the people what they want. :!:

m.
minidub

Postby roots garden » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:55 am

Yes loving this tune too. Great sound.

I presumed it was a sample of one of the Lloyd Charmers cuts with new over dubs.
I noticed that at the end of every 16 bars the rhythm section is low pass filtered as if to remove some unwanted sound in the loop like a fill or something. Maybe this is deliberate to give the feel of a sampled track?? Either way very well done.

A few more original cuts of this I know of. can anyone else add to this list or know which one came first studio One or lloyd charmers?

Ishen Cup/ real Cool - Lloyd Charmers on Splash
Oh Me oh My - lloyd Charmers - Splash
Oh Me oh My - Mc George (instru)
Africa is a paradise - Conscious Minds - Soul Beat

and this one on studio one also comes on a supreme 7"
http://youtu.be/CMvH2drTofo
roots garden

Postby lankou » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:04 am

Not 100% sure but i'd tend to think that this riddim was originally by Lloyd Charmers. Really wouldn't be the first time CS Dodd "borrowed" another producer's successful tune.
Funnily enough, there is a '70 tune by Roland Alphonso which almost bears the same name, Some More Soul. I didn't check whether the Cedric Brooks tune you mention and that one are one and the same.
In the meantime,all you people who use farcebook, tweeter and such, don't forget to "hassle" Mr SFX for a vinyl release !
lankou

Postby John Eden » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:08 pm

single is 29th of July and album later in the summer, it seems. Sounds like the album is reggae also. 8)

No idea about formats though... :?:
John Eden

Postby grubby mits » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:01 am

Video being shot for this this afternoon in myatt fields in stockwell
grubby mits

Postby Living Bate » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:39 pm

so that video floating around isn't official then i take it?.....

i know its all classic vintage footage, but i liked it.......
Living Bate

Postby nickus » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:18 am

So we're the 29 th can't find any info for this wanted piece of wax ! any info?
nickus

Postby lankou » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:59 am

Well, we just wished there were a 7" of that tune but the label itself has never hinted that there would be one!
The vinyl market is just a niche market these days. Let's hope they release it!
On the other hand, that's how a buzz is built: Gappy Ranks 's Put the Stereo On could be heard on the web one year and a half before it was pressed, for instance. Eventually, it paid off!
Quite a few UK labels who release tunes with an old school vibe have pretty strange policies when it comes to promoting their stuff, especially towards the foreign markets (not to mention certain prices for vinyl versions). On a similar note, i still wonder why Bitty McLean's version of Fu Manchu alongside Lee Thompson Ska Orchestra - a brilliant tune -was not released on 7" because, frankly, a good number of people won't be too interested in buying the whole LP.
lankou

Postby lankou » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:22 am

I wonder how much artists make from putting his music data on such platforms.
Hard to understand why they rely on such greedmongers, imho. Is it out of sheer laziness or because it is quite convenient?
lankou

Postby Inyaki » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:22 pm

Living Bate wrote:according to Rodigan this riddim was completely rebuilt.....there is no sampling involved.....

Shy FX even went to the lengths of recording it onto a vintage reel to give it an authentic sound....

I doubted it at first because it sounded so similar that it had to be sampled.....but I now think if you listen carefully there are some intricate differences

This tune uses a sample of the original.....I don't know how some can claim otherwise.
Drums/bass/organ/guitar are sampled. After that they overdubbed guitar/keys/horns...maybe reinforce the kick / drums, etc...plus filtering, maybe tranfering to tape, etc....

All very tastefully done.
It sounds fantastic cause is a sample.
Inyaki

Postby Living Bate » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:37 pm

Inyaki wrote:

This tune uses a sample of the original.....I don't know how some can claim otherwise.

I have to agree....
Living Bate

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion