Journey To Jah - the movie - Gentleman and Alborosie

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Journey To Jah - the movie - Gentleman and Alborosie

Postby capullo » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:16 pm

capullo

Postby Jah Rebel » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:17 am

Spring 2013? Damn that's still going to take a while...

Ites,
Rebel
Jah Rebel

Postby crazeebo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:31 am

'ello blood and fire

time for an update=)
i've just been in berlin for a final screening of the movie, its finally edited! in the next couple of months, we'll be finishing grading the picture, composing the score and i'll be sounddesigning and mixing the thing. heres a last teaser: http://vimeo.com/66252657
we'll be shooting one last time at the summer jam in cologne where gentleman and alborosie will be performing the song they co-wrote for our movie.

my personal view:
1. the pictures are amazing! its definately showing us a side of JA that i havent seen yet. there's a good look into shengen studio (albo's) and how musicians crate a tune. lots of street moods (expected in a movie about JA=) then you see an uncut view of waterhouse and the ppl living there. this part is hard to swallow, a straight peek into the third world...

2. lots of good statements by the main protagonists. the movie swung completely out of that rasta-polemic, which i think is a good thing. caroline cooper is the absolute bomb when it comes down to that question abt religion and that other very big topic: mysogonie, that lady has been interviewed once in 2006 and every take of her is used in that movie! it became a very personal journey for our protagonists, everybody is contemplating on why they take part in that journey...quotes from junior gong, ritchie stephens and jack radics actually undermine the storyline without distracting---there's a main interest. the music:

3. throughout the movie, music plays a subliminal role. we dont overly discuss styles or artists, but its always there, like it should be!

4. the whole thing has a documentary caracter. interviews are basically ppl talking to the camera without somebody asking them to talk, they all talk because they have something to say. another interesting fact is that theres NO narrator. we thought a narrator would make the whole thing kitschy---and yep you guessed it theres no KITSCH in this!

im happy it turned out like this, and we'd love to hear your opinion when its out

peace
crazeebo

Postby kalcidis » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:06 am

Some fun editing in there but also very professional looking. The »You need to be spiritual« quote combined with footage of a girl shaking her batty in low cut pants made me laugh a little. :D
kalcidis

Postby crazeebo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:33 am

hahaha, isnt the female body something spiritual in itself?

the comment by natty (gentleman's JA guide) 'you live day by day, its surving a day' moved me a lot. it shows how ppl in these ghettos have no future because they live so much in the present and therefore dont/cant even think about a future...
crazeebo

Previous

Return to General discussion