Kefrag

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Kefrag

Postby Freddy__ » Sun May 26, 2013 10:56 pm

Why oh why was this youtube channel deleted?! Kefrag had such a nice selection of top tunes, really hope he finds his way back to youtube!
Freddy__
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:54 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Kefrag

Postby kalcidis » Sun May 26, 2013 10:59 pm

I don't think it has been deleted necessarily. I noticed that the few videos I had up had been set to private instead of public when Youtube started going through changes not too long. Which was really weird because I hadn't chosen it. It could very well be the case with him too just that he hasn't noticed yet.
Image
User avatar
kalcidis
 
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:47 am
Location: sweden/stockholm

Re: Kefrag

Postby mikus » Sun May 26, 2013 11:37 pm

http://www.youtube.com/user/kefrag

kefrag has been terminated because we've received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material that the user posted.


Kefrag and black ark nuggets perhaps the two best on youtube - what a shame, all that uploading gone to waste.
>Free download of my dubwise productions + mixes, released under the Creative Commons license @
http://mikusmusik.blogspot.com
User avatar
mikus
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:43 pm
Location: south london

Re: Kefrag

Postby MulatuAstatke » Sun May 26, 2013 11:40 pm

according to his facebook page it has been closed down to someone complaining about copyright. Ironically it is another youtube user who uploads tunes. A bit of youtube reggae freak beef by the looks of it.. RIP. Will be very sad if black ark nuggets goes as well. True treasure trove
MulatuAstatke
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 10:34 am

Re: Kefrag

Postby mikus » Mon May 27, 2013 10:14 am

MulatuAstatke wrote:according to his facebook page it has been closed down to someone complaining about copyright. Ironically it is another youtube user who uploads tunes. A bit of youtube reggae freak beef by the looks of it.. RIP.

that is the most ridiculous thing i have ever read - what kind of idiot..........
>Free download of my dubwise productions + mixes, released under the Creative Commons license @
http://mikusmusik.blogspot.com
User avatar
mikus
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:43 pm
Location: south london

Re: Kefrag

Postby edgar » Mon May 27, 2013 1:21 pm

mikus wrote:
MulatuAstatke wrote:according to his facebook page it has been closed down to someone complaining about copyright. Ironically it is another youtube user who uploads tunes. A bit of youtube reggae freak beef by the looks of it.. RIP.

that is the most ridiculous thing i have ever read - what kind of idiot..........


Without mentioning any names. it's actually a 1970s Jamaican person who apparently wrote/ composed a song that was on that channel. he claimed about copyright infringement.
thank you putting this on here- best reggae track ever, apart from most bob marley tracks
edgar
 
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:06 pm

Re: Kefrag

Postby mikus » Mon May 27, 2013 3:28 pm

ive never been in the situation but doesnt it take multiple claims/complaints be banned?
>Free download of my dubwise productions + mixes, released under the Creative Commons license @
http://mikusmusik.blogspot.com
User avatar
mikus
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:43 pm
Location: south london

Re: Kefrag

Postby Primitive Don » Thu May 30, 2013 12:49 am

Looks to be true. Too bad. I would think most of those tunes would be out of print. Seems extreme to delete an entire channel vs. certain tunes.
'Let Jah arise and let his enemies be scattered away' - Barry Brown
Primitive Don
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Logan Square Chicago


Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests