Channel One Sound System query

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Channel One Sound System query

Postby jamdung » Wed May 01, 2013 6:15 pm

I was pondering Channel One's Sound System history in the knowledge that they have been going now for around 35 years, but there is so little info around on Channel One from back in the day. No old session tapes before the mid 90s, no photos etc. I know Mikey said in one dance that he used to play sounds like Fatman and Stereograph but I would love to know from people who saw Channel One in the early or mid 80s any tales of their dances. They are such a big, international sound nowadays that it would be interesting to hear about when they were a small time London sound. Anyone know of anything or have any old session tapes with them pre the 90s?

Big up
jamdung

Re: Channel One Sound System query

Postby monko » Wed May 01, 2013 7:07 pm

I'm pretty sure Mikey had played on different sounds for longer than Channel One has been around for.
Roots Guidance Soundsystem (www.facebook.com/RootsGuidanceSound)
monko

Re: Channel One Sound System query

Postby jamdung » Fri May 03, 2013 3:28 pm

Yeah read that article before, gives a little insight but was more wondering if anyone had seen Channel One back in them days and what they was like as a sound.

Bless
jamdung

Return to General discussion