DKR new releases - Jan. 2013

Please announce your new releases here.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Forum rules
Please announce your new releases here.

Re: DKR new releases - Jan. 2013

Postby flashman » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:28 pm

Oh, I will still buy it and enjoy it, I'm sure. I think maybe I was just hoping it was the clip because its such an amazing tune you want it to be perfect! In hindsight perhaps I shouldn't have drawn public attention to it... But I think any potential buyer won't be able to resist anyway. I don't know exactly what it is about that tune but its wormed its way pretty deeply inside me and clearly that's a common reaction. Thanks for making it available.
flashman

Postby RB » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:49 pm

no worries, it's a fair question and we are not trying to hide anything. i always remind folks that the sound clips aren't really meant to judge fidelity but rather just to let people hear the tune, being that they are just 128 kbps mp3 samples. however you can obviously still get a sense of the clarity through them. in any case the NB on our website (lower right side) sums up our philosophy on this matter. there is a lot of misinformation and misconceptions about mastertapes within the context of Jamaican music, and it's unfortunate for all involved (producers, labels, record buyers). we're doing our best! thanks for the kind words and hope you enjoy the record. i think the urgency and earnestness of the tune shines through 100% regardless of some of its fidelity shortcomings.
RB

Postby oldsko0l » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:31 pm

thanks for the clarification RB, cool that this amazing release has such a backgroundstory
oldsko0l

Postby j j » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:58 am

just ordered all 5, looking forward to spinning these :D

j j
j j

Previous

Return to New Release Announcements