DKR new releases - Jan. 2013

Please announce your new releases here.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Forum rules
Please announce your new releases here.

Re: DKR new releases - Jan. 2013

Postby j j » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:12 am

RB ,how could i be upset when you've gone & done what i asked of you :lol:
3rd reissue for the Invaders tune though :roll: , i would have much preferred You Touch My Soul but beggers can't be choosers....
j j

Postby RB » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:52 am

Heaven and earth was bootlegged once on the
Question mark label In JA. The other bootleg
On roots intl label says the invaders but plays
"He'll and heaven" by Lloyd sparrow Clark. Double
Fail that one. So, sounds like first "reissue" to me.
Yes a reissue of "you touch my soul" would be great.
Why don't you work on that? ;)
Thanks for All the support JJ!
RB

Postby zonard » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:25 pm

RB wrote:Incidentally, Tony's friendship w/ Invaders is mentioned in an anecdote in the liner notes to 'Jesus Dread' on BAF...a little story about Invaders, Tony and Yabby hanging out. Tony speaks highly of the late Yabby as his bredren, as Tony often drove Yabby to Tubby's for sessions.

Truly amazing set of repress RB, congrats for the detective work !
zonard

Postby j j » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:10 pm

i believe the term is "epic fail' RB :oops: . So is there any chance there will be more Ujama releases now that you & the Prince are getting on???

cheers
j j (dkr loyalist)
j j

Postby waterhouserock » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:08 pm

Roots international have no morals, knowledge or standards.
waterhouserock

Postby RB » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:23 pm

j j wrote:i believe the term is "epic fail' RB :oops: . So is there any chance there will be more Ujama releases now that you & the Prince are getting on???

cheers
j j (dkr loyalist)

jj, if you've taught me anything, it's never say never bruh
RB

Postby j j » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:10 pm

For some reason i thought Roots int'l was controlled by BB Seaton? Didn't know this was a suspect label waterhouserock :shock:

OK thanks RB

j j
j j

Postby edgar » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:25 am

j j wrote:For some reason i thought Roots int'l was controlled by BB Seaton? Didn't know this was a suspect label waterhouserock :shock:

OK thanks RB

j j

you are talking about the 1970s Jamaican roots int label by BB seaton. There is also a recent days UK pirate label with the same name. They 'released' the invaders tune last year, which infact was a very different tune ( actually lloyd clarke sparrow - heaven and hell/ trinity - jamaica nice people)

http://www.dubvendor.co.uk/the-invaders ... 2544-p.asp
thank you putting this on here- best reggae track ever, apart from most bob marley tracks
edgar

Postby waterhouserock » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:05 pm

roots international released a lot of stuff..off the top of my head i think they were responsible for bootlegging the following, sometimes with appaling quality..

arena knot up them head
immortals babylon
rulers let my people go
lloyd clarke hell & Heaven (copied from 12".wrongly credited to invaders..they prob got mixed up with heaven and earth and dont know music)
progressions fair deal/ hux brown drugs man
honey vauhan this tribulation
prince robinson everyone have to go
fantells everywhere

there was others but i cant recall at mo..
waterhouserock

Postby RB » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Boom and volt song
Two bobby soul songs
Ezekiel parchment west Beirut
Sam bramwell ruling time
Mighty diamonds gate of Zion
Chester coke tune
Jah mikes bottom of the well
More I'm forgetting
Would love to be proven wrong tho
RB

Postby j j » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:41 am

Wow :shock: they've been busy! so what country are these tunes emanating from? I've seen & bought alot of those tunes you list from the major reggae mail order outlets , how do you know these are all illegal releases RB? (not doubting you just curious)

edit: the prices for some of these seem to differ, I've seen the Hux Brown -Drugs Man going for $15 iirc , seems abit odd.

j j
j j

Postby waterhouserock » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:17 pm

Think they are coming from a well known seller based in UK. Certain name being mentioned alot and it would make sense.Wouldnt like to name publicly without being 100% tho. Hopefully theyll stop coz they keep picking stuff I treasure..at least rb comes with previously unavailable stuff which is better for everyone and more interesting.Its a shame many of the outlets knowingly stock bootlegs and turn a blind eye just to make a little dunnies.
The progressions is a highly in demand rocksteady. Tunes like this and the rulers command 3 to 4 figure prices from wealthy collectors on ja pre. The hux Brown became in demand recently after a revival dance on London. An unlikely match for one 45, but no doubt the seller knew he could get away charging more, so priced it higher. Sadly, you wouldnt get much change from a grand for them 2 tunes on pre.
waterhouserock

Postby RB » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:50 pm

j j wrote:Wow :shock: they've been busy! so what country are these tunes emanating from? I've seen & bought alot of those tunes you list from the major reggae mail order outlets , how do you know these are all illegal releases RB? (not doubting you just curious)

small world, small business, nothing is too anonymous. i don't think it's one person behind all of these, more like a handful of people. i've made my case against these several times on here before, not going to get into it again. several of these are tunes i had already been in touch with producers on and had plans to issue. of course once they surfaced i touched base w/ the producers again and they knew nothing about it.

for example, "Boom & The Voltsong" is really Trevor Byfield, Clive Matthews, Norman Vassell and their friend "Boom" on vocals.
would have made a tuff reissue on FOX FIRE label but...oh well. maybe we'll issue it officially later.

in fact there are a couple of these that we are going to issue anyway, b/c the bootlegs were so poorly done. so we'll see who wants to step up and go for the licensed and higher quality issue.
RB

Postby waterhouserock » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:40 pm

Nooo. Your killin me!! Dont release them again!!!! Please.....leave us with something sacred!! Isnt there some unreleased stuff you can press??? Cant you press something different?? At least change the labels.pm which ones so I can sell the orig???? Us pre eBay soundman and collectors feeling it bro..have some.mercy!!! We worked hard to find some of these things back before internet days.
waterhouserock

Postby james19 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:55 pm

waterhouserock wrote:Nooo. Your killin me!! Dont release them again!!!! Please.....leave us with something sacred!! Isnt there some unreleased stuff you can press??? Cant you press something different?? At least change the labels.pm which ones so I can sell the orig???? Us pre eBay soundman and collectors feeling it bro..have some.mercy!!! We worked hard to find some of these things back before internet days.

Isn't the music the most important thing?
james19

PreviousNext

Return to New Release Announcements