How Perry and Tubby record?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: How Perry and Tubby record?

Postby iosumarti » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:11 am

Hi again everyone!
Why we don´t take, for example, this song "Middle East Dub"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qbZw5bz ... r_embedded
Incredible song of the also incredible "skatalites in dub"... I can listen loud and clear drums, and percusion (drums sometimes beeing filtered by de HPF?) how sax and guitars are been sended to de delay and reverb, but I also listen some organs that are in background and some other stuff... I don´t know, is wonderfull.
I have read that was recorded in the Ark and mixed in Tubbys, no? But I don´t listen any Mutron sound... Maybe this day our friend Lee was "lasai" as we say in Basque Country, "relaxed"...
Inyaki, sorry for beeing young, Master Yoda, I´m gonna say to my mother why she doesn´t make me before... Or better, I´m gonna say her why she didn´t go to live toJamaica when she was young... :wink:
iosumarti

Postby iosumarti » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:22 pm

Following the post, we say that they used to make records in, for example, 4 track; First Drum& Bass.. so they were all in mono or in stereo?
I understand that they are four mono tracks, no?
iosumarti

Postby Jah Power » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:59 am

Is the amp in the middle of the last picture a fender bassman? Anyone know what the other amps are?
Jah Power

Previous

Return to General discussion