McPullish "Black Metal White Reggae" 180 gram LP

Please announce your new releases here.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Forum rules
Please announce your new releases here.

McPullish "Black Metal White Reggae" 180 gram LP

Postby DubOrganic » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:30 am

My first proper LP will be released next month..

http://mcpullish.bandcamp.com/album/black-metal-white-reggae-2

Coming November 22, 2012 on Charlie's Records..

McPULLISH Black Metal White Reggae LP
Limited edition of 222 copies on 180 gram vinyl

1.Drone Attack
2.Guilty
3.Ivana Dubalott
4.Kazoo Special
5.Popcan the Resinator
6.Gadgetman vs Catman
7.Joemerica
8.I Don't Want to Inject Human DNA from Aborted Fetuses

Vinyl pre-order comes with free download, sticker and some randomly chosen orders will include one-of-a-kind art pieces inspired by the album. For more info and ordering options click link at top of this post.

Black Metal White Reggae was recorded in Texas during the scorched-Earth summer of 2011, during which time crops failed, huge cracks appeared all over the bone-dry McPullish yard and a ghost town was discovered under a dried up lake in central Texas. It was an ominous, frustrating and sweaty time for the McPullish clan. The album's main tracks were cut live on a TEAC 3440 reel to reel tape machine. McPullish played all instruments other than horns and flute (contributed graciously by Joe Woullard and Derek Phelps.) Black Metal White Reggae is a departure from previous McPullish recordings and at the same time will be instantly recognizable to those familiar with his sound, as he pushes further out into new sonic territories and continues to experiment.

Thanks for supporting McPullish and Charlie's Records!

"McPullish has managed to create an intriguing, original reggae sound, which truly differs from the commonly known modern roots reggae."
-Reggae Vibes

"You need to be paying McPullish serious attention if you have any interest in modern roots and dub."
JOHN EDEN
Woofah

Bio:
McPULLISH is musician/producer Carson Hoovestol, who realized his sound after years of musical exploration, study, and practice in the art of Live Dub. Now based in Austin, Texas, he operates a specialized music laboratory called Gray Labs, where he plays guitar, bass, drums, piano, organ, percussion, Roland TR-909, synths and more, with guests laying down horns, vocals and other instruments. McPullish mixes live and direct from tape machines and PCs, using an Allen and Heath board and table full of mostly analog gear. Luciano, Sylford Walker, General Smiley, Tippa Irie, Fantan Mojah, Mark Wonder, Murray Man, Ginjah, Island Rose, Lutan Fyah, Judge, JahnTI, Aimann Raad, Ken Serious, Remo and Chezidek are just some of the vocalists who have worked with McPullish in the studio and can be heard in his live dub sets. McPullish brings the sounds and experimentation of studio dub to a live performance.

Spontaneous and engaging, McPullish operates with his own distinctive sound and boatloads of original music, sounds for deep listeners, reggae fanatics, and all those ready to move on the dancefloor.

McPullish has performed live dub sets all over the USA, in France, Netherlands, Germany and traveled to the Gambia for a performance at the 1st annual Back to Africa Festival in January 2012.
DubOrganic

Re: McPullish "Black Metal White Reggae" 180 gram LP

Postby John Eden » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 pm

This is really good. 8)
John Eden

Postby Tanty Dub Shop » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:43 pm

Yes John

Good indeed!

We have been pushing the McPullish / Charlies Records vibes for years now.

Looks like more people are getting into the style!

Best

Kelvin
Tanty DUB SHOP
www.tantyrecordshop.com
Looking for, creating and selling boundary pushing dub music since 1992.
Tanty Dub Shop

Postby dan i dubdub » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:34 pm

If McPullish has made it to France and the Netherlands, surely the UK must be soon?
bring love spread peace

dan i
dan i dubdub

Postby Tanty Dub Shop » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:36 am

McPullish and Charlies vinyl and CD releases have been available to the UK
masses since the start.

http://www.tantyrecordshop.com/index.ph ... &x=29&y=15

Sometimes a new production sound or approach to dub reggae takes a bit longer to win over new supporters.

With a few more UK tour dates/visits I am sure that will help.

Best

Kelvin
Tanty DUB SHOP
www.tantyrecordshop.com
Looking for, creating and selling boundary pushing dub music since 1992.
Tanty Dub Shop

Postby dan i dubdub » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:22 pm

I know Kelvin, and I know you have been pushing music that is probably on the edges of what orthodox reggae fans will listen to for years (more power to you for doing that). I meant, when will we get to see/hear the live dub set mentioned?
bring love spread peace

dan i
dan i dubdub

Postby DubOrganic » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Hey dan i dubdub
I hope to perform some live dub sets in the UK next year, and return to Europe for a short tour..
will post dates on this board when that time comes, thanks for the interest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNDjuMtCmO4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvNvPi1niRs&feature=related
DubOrganic

Return to New Release Announcements