Revolutionaries - Musical Dub Attack

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Revolutionaries - Musical Dub Attack

Postby kingj » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:02 am

Does anyone else think 'Musical Shark Attack' is yet another classic JA typo/spelling mistake, supposed to mean 'Musical Shock Attack'?

Amusing to see the version LP as 'Shark Dub'>>>>>>>

chocolate soldier, I actually thought that too but here's what I reasoned out..
1 - since virgin did the release (unlike third world that mispelled many names and so on on covers!! funny to see!!) they had pretty solid pr people doing the main art work my guess is it was double checked and so on- just my guess
2- it came out around the same time jaws was popular so a play on that perhaps - always liked the name of the lp, riddims solid -for some reason I roy seemed lackluster, to me anyhow and he's my number 1 dj!

there u have have it ...make any sense to you?
just a thought
kingj

Postby hometownhifi » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:41 pm

DSCN0139.JPG
DSCN0139.JPG (91.28 KiB) Viewed 516 times

I can't find any information online about the JA pressing of this LP(numbers, cover etc.). Here is a pic of my copy. Marix #'s CO-8044-A (SPM?) CO-8044-B (SPM?). Musical Shark Attack is one of my favorite I Roy LP's. Still looking for the JA pressing of that one. I wish U Roy would have voiced this one as well.
hometownhifi

Postby rastapopoulos » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:02 pm

That is Satta Dub. I think some riddims of this LP also appear on Musical Shark Attack / Shark Dub.
rastapopoulos

Postby RB » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:05 pm

CO 8044 A/B FRM is SATTA DUB

FRM = Federal Record Mfg
RB

Postby rastapopoulos » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:26 am

kingj wrote:1 - since virgin did the release ... they had pretty solid pr people doing the main art work my guess is it was double checked and so on- just my guess

In 1976 Virgin was on the rise, but still far from the established company it became in later years. I wonder if they really had "solid pr people doing the main art work". I once spoke to a guy who did the artwork for I Roy's 'Crisus Time' album as a freelance graphic designer. He was very disappointed that he never received his payment for the job.

Yet I don't think Musical Shark Attack is a typo. I think it originated from the mix-up between Shock Attack/Shark Attack and was then intentionally maintained.
rastapopoulos

Postby marko » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:02 am

RB wrote:
jps wrote:Was the Virgin LP in split stereo like the cd?

i think so. the orig JA LP on Channel One label is not though. that's the one to get. never issued w/ cover.

i'm listening to the virgin one now but I dont think its stereo at all, same sounds in each channel. can hear I-Roy right down in the mix which I had never noticed before.

i dont have a cover which says 20 copies only, mine came in a plain white sleeve. strikes me as rather odd that they would have printed 20 copies only on a sleeve in 1976, why bother to do that in dem times? the labels just have biro dub 1 and dub 2. always been an average dub lp for me.
marko

Postby slengteng » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:00 pm

I found this topic thanks to a Google search. I think I'v read somewhere that this LP is gonna be reissued, am I right or do I have to stop smoking ? 8)

edit : Ok, I found it http://digikillerrecords.blogspot.fr/2014/01/well-charge-lp-things-ive-been-through.html
"hablo de estar a la vez en miles de hogares"
slengteng

Previous

Return to General discussion