DKR & Bond Export new releases - September 2012

Please announce your new releases here.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Forum rules
Please announce your new releases here.

Re: DKR & Bond Export new releases - September 2012

Postby edgar » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:29 pm

You can love all sorts of men.. like Jesus or your grandpa... but you can also think in terms of gay sex.. perhaps that is why it never came out..
thank you putting this on here- best reggae track ever, apart from most bob marley tracks
edgar

Postby james19 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:41 pm

*long pause*

Interesting theory...
james19

Postby j j » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:49 am

Goodness gracious that Everton Dacres tune is fantastic, love the Madoo too. Congratulations on another stellar bunch of releases RB & co. Just got last months in last week so really enjoying the I Roys & Modernise Music 7" as i type.

Keep 'em coming as i know you will.

j j
j j

Postby RB » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:04 am

happy to say that i spoke to Madoo this morning after he listened to the song. he confirms that it's not him singing and further that he has never voiced for Channel 1. seems the tape box was correct as Madoo also named Horace Ferguson as a "youth who used to pirate him style" and he said that "nuff singers can't decide if they want to sound like me Madoo or Horace Andy or somewhere in between." a couple other well known singers who were 'bout the place this morning with me also listened to it (back to back with the flip side "Reality") and agree that it is Ferguson singing in a more Madoo-ish style, evidenced the phrasing and pronunciation and such. this is basically what i suspected when first hearing it, and then with the tape box info, just figured it was Ferguson inna little different style.
RB

Postby ephteeay » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:44 am

Interesting... a good imitation too (doesn't sound like Ferguson's original voice imo)
ephteeay

Previous

Return to New Release Announcements