Two New Freds?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Two New Freds?

Postby His_Imperial_Measurements » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:57 am

Once my eyes adjust to the new graphics I'm sure I'll like the new look. Hopefully now that the truma of re-launching the site has been dealt with B+F will return with some feash ideas for some new releases and will begin to regain some of the ground recently lost to 'Auralux' and 'Pressure Sounds'

However in the excitement I wonder if I've missed any news about forthcoming releases ie. 'Black Star Liner' - Thread Locks and/or the Threaddie McKay release.

Bless.

Inchpinchers
His_Imperial_Measurements

??

Postby Chaz » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:41 pm

Who said anything about a Freddie Mckay release????
Chaz

Postby James » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:40 pm

There has never been any official word about a Freddie McKay release -a while back I hypothesised that a selection from 'Creation' and 'Harsh Words' would fit the BAF remit nicely and this seemed to set off a chain of rumour indicating such an idea was/had been/ may be on the drawing board, but nothing has ever been confirmed.

The Freddie McKay album most crying out for a solid CD reissue would, of course, be 'Picture on the Wall' which is certainly one of my all time favourites...
James

Postby reggaepostman » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:45 pm

A few years ago I approached Steve Barrow about doing a Freddie comp together (possible through B&F), but after some discussion it didn't go any further because Steve thought it wouldn't sell enough and because late Freddie's family weren't interested also.Would still love to do a compilation myself!
reggaepostman

Return to General discussion