DKR & Bond Export new releases - May 2012

Please announce your new releases here.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Forum rules
Please announce your new releases here.

Re: DKR & Bond Export new releases - May 2012

Postby Andy G » Wed May 30, 2012 9:56 pm

Well stated RB. All the best to you and respects for the efforts.
Andy G

Postby waterhouserock » Wed May 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Of course you will continue Mr moneyman.IMO Your just lining your pockets feeding on collectors knowledge and artists work. What is rarified music? These records are rare and were not produced for all to pocess. I think Clive Mathews and Trevor byfield should be keeping all profit from their work..not you whoever you are. I'm aware of Jamaican producers underpaying artists..but you have no connection to Jamaican reggae, you do not help create it. So don't come with your I'm helping the artists and the music..
Last edited by waterhouserock on Thu May 31, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
waterhouserock

Postby RB » Wed May 30, 2012 10:08 pm

waterhouserock wrote:Of course you will continue Mr moneyman.IMO Your just lining your pockets feeding on collectors knowledge and artists work. What is rarified music? These records are rare and were not produced for all to pocess. I think Clive Mathews and Trevor byfield should be keeping all profit from their work..not you whoever you are. I'm aware of Jamaican producers underpaying artists..but you have no connection to Jamaican reggae, you do not help create it. So don't come with your I'm helping the artists and the music..

would you like to speak to Trevor and Clive and tell them that their songs are "rare and not for all to process" ?
you can try to explain to them why only you and your buddies should have them. i'm sure it'll be a lively conversation.
:?
RB

Postby waterhouserock » Wed May 30, 2012 10:27 pm

Big up to your new friends Clive Mathew and Trevor byfield, creators of some of the best tunes ever .big up to the selectors who expose these gems.When i say not for all to poccess i mean at the time because so few were originally pressed..therfore by logic not widely available. So what big tune out of collectors and soundmans boxes will you be profiting from next month??
Last edited by waterhouserock on Thu May 31, 2012 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
waterhouserock

Postby waterhouserock » Wed May 30, 2012 10:50 pm

I'm talking about your approach of regularily capatalising on the big tunes not any one particular release , I suspect you approached them, they didn't decide all of a sudden that more people should own a record produced originally in small quantities. I suspect you found they were well respected tunes by collectors and sound man for decades and approached them with a view of making money.This is my point. Your targetting .I don't have a problem with any artist or producer who can do what they wish ..I have a problem with you.I doubt Trevor was aware just how revered them tunes are in foreign and perhaps Jamaica should be aware so unessary middle men aren't making money for nothing. Perhaps I could return the favour and introduce you to some original UK sound man and collectors who would love to have a word with you. We all could have done what you're doing a long time ago but have to much repsect the music..It will be a sad day when no one can draw no unusual killer tunes in a dance coz you've repressed em all for your own financial gain and everyone's got them.. killing any excitement in a session.
Last edited by waterhouserock on Thu May 31, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
waterhouserock

Postby waterhouserock » Wed May 30, 2012 11:03 pm

I rarely post on this website these days and I'm not going to waste too much of my time on this, you are obviously gonna keep exploiting the collectors regardless. Your justifications don't wash with me..so while you accept congratulations for others work I want you to know that there is a lot of pissed of people who have been in this thing a long time..
Last edited by waterhouserock on Thu May 31, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waterhouserock

Postby RB » Wed May 30, 2012 11:11 pm

you're still missing the point so badly. of course i approached them! that doesn't change the fact that they made music to be heard, and want it to be heard. and if you told them it shouldn't be, they'd laugh at you. point blank, end of story.
also i guess you missed this part the first time around -
"my business was started with the precise intention to MAKE AVAILABLE HIGH QUALITY BUT RAREFIED MUSIC."
as for your corny veiled threats about who would "love a word with me", does it look like i'm hiding? nuff big man knows my name my number, my face. that's how i'm in the business. man to man. i'm not hiding. the same kinda man who would laugh you off all day long.
you have a lot of respect for the music, that's why you don't think people should be able to have it? gotcha, loud and clear.
good luck with that.
RB

Postby waterhouserock » Wed May 30, 2012 11:23 pm

This is getting boring.you are missing my point which is about you not the artists.I doubt any artist would not welcome wider exposure.your not doing thiaa for the artists its all about the dunza.simple.
Last edited by waterhouserock on Wed May 30, 2012 11:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
waterhouserock

Postby waterhouserock » Wed May 30, 2012 11:31 pm

I have respect for the culture of competition in sound system. Exclusivity is important to a selector. Do you know about the history of sound system? Have you read about it on the internet? I'm not makin no threat and I don't care who you know ..your still a capatalist and money is your true mission statement. I have no problem with anyone else, producers, artists etc I have a problem with your exploiting reggae music by targetting killer after killer. I wasn't aware you not just an anonymous email address and website nickname.
Last edited by waterhouserock on Thu May 31, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waterhouserock

Postby RB » Wed May 30, 2012 11:52 pm

There's no point to be made about me. I've stated my mission.
You are a stranger on the Internet making things up about me.
The music is bigger than the one aspect of the culture that you're clinging to in order to justify your self interest. These men want their music to be heard and
There Is nothing that supersedes that. If you had any respect for them and their art you
Woulda never said a word. "live not for vanity".
RB

Postby waterhouserock » Wed May 30, 2012 11:57 pm

there's a point to be made which is about the way you are targeting rare killer after killer collectors rarities which I think of exploitation of collectors.. I can't be any more consise.This is not about the artists. Big up all musicians and singers and sound operators and producers. I fully support making more people hear the music. I have played and promoted Trevor byfield and Clive Mathews music on dances and radio shows on numerous occasions over the years..unfortunately they will now be relegated to home listening as everyone has access to it now and has lost some of its "specialness". This one aspect which I am glad you finally acknowledge is a very important aspect partocularily for selectors who buy the music. Being involved in sound and being around sound for many years its an aspect close to my heart and has little to do wanting to keep music to myself..its about entertainment..but when vultures swarm over rare tunes it doesn't exactly encourage selectors to dig deep.
Live not for selfish gain.
Over n out.
Last edited by waterhouserock on Thu May 31, 2012 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waterhouserock

Postby flashman » Thu May 31, 2012 8:16 am

So, Waterhouse-you claimed earlier you'd prefer artists rerelease their own stuff and cut out the middle man. But now you're saying it's the collectors who are being exploited. So, if the artists themselves released these tunes you wouldn't be crying over it? you wouldnt accuse them of exploiting collectors? Do you support keeping the artists in the dark about the popularity of their tunes? If so, who is profiting off whom? Limiting their chance to make money on their tunes so you can relish your exclusivity in a dance, is that the evidence for your respect of the music?
flashman

Postby j j » Thu May 31, 2012 9:06 am

DKR/Bond Export = Happiness/Excitement/Gratitude/Amazement/

waterhouserock = Selfishness/Grudgefulness/Small Mindedness/Sour Grapes- edness :D
j j

Postby Fredlocks » Thu May 31, 2012 9:31 am

I got a digi cut of burning bush, on rootical dubber. Label is exactly the same, don't think many of them came!

I'd get over it waterhouse, anyone worth their salt will own the originals anyway. The reissues rarely sound any good.xx
Fredlocks

Postby waterhouserock » Thu May 31, 2012 11:48 am

I think both the artists and the music are being exploited.What the artists and producers choose to do is up to them. If an artist discovers a tune they did 30 years ago is in demand decides to reissue it then fair enough. I don't like the relentless way in which this particular reissue company targets the killers which are rapidly being picked off. One day there will be no reason to pay to listen to a sound or anything to distinguish one sound from another.. this is my opinion, I believe the music has become exploited in many ways since the internet and that some sounds n selectors are held in high esteem for owning exclusive dubs (which were never designed for mass consumption and helped sounds like Coxsone etc to stand above other sounds)and rare killer 45s which are being cashed in on by outsiders to the music. This competition element is an important part of reggae culture.After all this kinda music was built for sound. selectors hide your tunes, the vultures are swarming!! I understand what yer saying fredlocks but this company is taking it to another level and I don't believe many of.the people who attend dances care that much if the tune is original or not.once repressed it changes from soundmans card to home listening. I realise many people will be grateful to get there hands on a tune like tell you that you love me and my opinions will not be popular.
Jj ..don't you have some youthman specials to edit and bootleg?
waterhouserock

PreviousNext

Return to New Release Announcements