Where's Super Cat these days? and Who Killed Nitty Gritty???

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: Where's Super Cat these days? and Who Killed Nitty Gritt

Postby Herbie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:06 pm

I remember being shocked to hear about the Nitty Gritty murder at the time - having loved some works from both artists. 'Cry fe de Youth' is a classic!

Re: blackbeltjonez It's absolutely terrible that people have to arm themselves just to go about their daily business. At least that reality does not affect us here in the UK (unless you a criminal or in govt security)... have to wonder how I would feel if I grew up in Tivoli Gardens or suchlike.

Leo5 mentioned the famous pictures of Selassie-I with an anti-aircraft gun during the Italian conflict, so yes, he had the biggest gun - for shooting down planes - words like context come to mind!

Although I do not have the full transcript available, I recall a speech HIM gave once when inspecting his troops (I believe on graduation from a military academy). He said that the soldiers should put just as effort into preventing violence and conflict from occurring in the first place as they had into their military training to protect the nation from war. A wise philosophy that we can all learn from. I'd be grateful if anyone has a copy of the original.

Blessed are the Peacemakers!

Jah Guidance

Herbie
Last edited by Herbie on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herbie

Postby juniorsound » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:47 pm

according to a reliable nyc source, supercat is living in the area of nyc in reclusive paranoia that people are after him. his brother still cutting dubplates in nyc etc. and some things.
juniorsound

Postby blakbeltjonez » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:40 am

Herbie wrote:Re: blackbeltjonez It's absolutely terrible that people have to arm themselves just to go about their daily business. At least that reality does not affect us here in the UK (unless you a criminal or in govt security)... have to wonder how I would feel if I grew up in Tivoli Gardens or suchlike.

Leo5 mentioned the famous pictures of Selassie-I with an anti-aircraft gun during the Italian conflict, so yes, he had the biggest gun - for shooting down planes - words like context come to mind!

Although I do not have the full transcript available, I recall a speech HIM gave once when inspecting his troops (I believe on graduation from a military academy). He said that the soldiers should put just as effort into preventing violence and conflict from occurring in the first place as they had into their military training to protect the nation from war. A wise philosophy that we can all learn from. I'd be grateful if anyone has a copy of the original.

Blessed are the Peacemakers!

Jah Guidance

Herbie

Herbie, most places in the US are not as grim as that - the vast majority of people go about their daily lives without being in much if any risk from violent crime. but for example, this is FL and things can happen. in my case, i have to work in an urban area, a marginal neighborhood at all hours of the day and night at an isolated warehouse with valuable equipment, and the dumpsters are regularly scavenged by scrap metal collectors who are primarily crackheads. a few blocks away there's a no-tell motel that has regular visits from the cops and even a dynamic entry into a room by DEA in full gear once....and in the other direction a couple of blocks, a double murder a couple of years ago. lots of drug-related crime in the area.

now, i will say that i have never ever had any trouble there.... even the dumpster divers seem to mind their own. but i can't leave myself open to being an easy mark when the overhead door has to be open at 2 AM to some opportunistic would-be criminal. most would be looking for easy pickings and probably will not buck up against someone else they discover with a firearm, even if they have one too. so, i carry just in those situations late at night when no one else is around where there's more likely to be an issue. otherwise, i just don't need to. when i am away from work where i live or anywhere else really, it's a complete non-issue. my only concern is to be responsible and follow the law when i do have it around and hopefully will never have to use it.

from your perspective i agree that it might seem to be a bit crazy but the reality is, while things happen and anything's possible, for most people in the US violence is unlikely unless you happen to put yourself, or be in a situation where it can play out. and of course you're right, the best antidote for violence is to take measures to prevent it in the first place.
blakbeltjonez

Postby pullup-records » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:19 am

I heard that he is living somewhere in Long Island running travel agency
many people are telling that he withdrawn from the music business after Nicodemus death
pullup-records

Postby Herbie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:00 pm

blakbeltjonez wrote:
Herbie, most places in the US are not as grim as that - the vast majority of people go about their daily lives without being in much if any risk from violent crime. but for example, this is FL and things can happen. in my case, i have to work in an urban area, a marginal neighborhood at all hours of the day and night at an isolated warehouse with valuable equipment, and the dumpsters are regularly scavenged by scrap metal collectors who are primarily crackheads. a few blocks away there's a no-tell motel that has regular visits from the cops and even a dynamic entry into a room by DEA in full gear once....and in the other direction a couple of blocks, a double murder a couple of years ago. lots of drug-related crime in the area.

now, i will say that i have never ever had any trouble there.... even the dumpster divers seem to mind their own. but i can't leave myself open to being an easy mark when the overhead door has to be open at 2 AM to some opportunistic would-be criminal. most would be looking for easy pickings and probably will not buck up against someone else they discover with a firearm, even if they have one too. so, i carry just in those situations late at night when no one else is around where there's more likely to be an issue. otherwise, i just don't need to. when i am away from work where i live or anywhere else really, it's a complete non-issue. my only concern is to be responsible and follow the law when i do have it around and hopefully will never have to use it.

from your perspective i agree that it might seem to be a bit crazy but the reality is, while things happen and anything's possible, for most people in the US violence is unlikely unless you happen to put yourself, or be in a situation where it can play out. and of course you're right, the best antidote for violence is to take measures to prevent it in the first place.

Hi blackbeltjonez

Yes, I hear ya! I've seen more than my fair share of American crime films - sorry, movies :lol: - so may have a slightly warped concept of the daily runnings of urban life over on your side of the Atlantic but realise that it's not all picket fences and blueberry pie for many struggling to survive nor is it all gangland killings! Looking forward to seeing the continent one day - sure are some beautiful parts of it.

I hope you never have any problems with any of the dodgy charcters around your workplace and understand where you're coming from re: protection. I had one wolf in sheep's clothing crackhead dreadlocks pull a knife on me one time back in my native Sheffield when he was trying to muscle in on a gentleman Ras friend's ganja hustling years ago. Not a pleasant experience at all.

There were no casualties then but the following week he shot and seriously injured some poor woman in the back who refused his lewd advances in the street and said something back to him so derogatory (and hilarious) that his bredren on the corner with him almost pissed themsleves with laughter, much to his annoyance. He was the sort of character who is a a disgrace not just to his fellow Jamaicans but to all the human race and I hope that his several years behind bars gave him chance to reflect and change his foolish ways. Crack heads and other nasty hard drug users - I f*****g hate them!! :evil:

I applaud your philosophy on the responsible use of force to protect yourself - violence should always be the last resort to neutralise any attack (as in aikido) - not the first otion (or even a recreatinal activity) like it is for so many hot-headed idiots out there.

Stay safe! :D

Jah Guidance

Herbie
Herbie

Postby skeng_man8191 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:13 pm

I have an interview with super cat from a few years ago and I have to say the guy is mental. He is on about poison plots on his manager and people trying to kill him to collect royalties. Saying there was a claim on the royalties and that it was announced on the news he was dead and he saw his death on the news I will post it later for you if you interested.
skeng_man8191

Postby blakbeltjonez » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:23 pm

wow....maybe all of his recreational skiing activities over the years have finally caught up with him.
blakbeltjonez

Postby crimson flames » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:46 pm

skeng_man8191 wrote:I have an interview with super cat from a few years ago and I have to say the guy is mental. He is on about poison plots on his manager and people trying to kill him to collect royalties. Saying there was a claim on the royalties and that it was announced on the news he was dead and he saw his death on the news I will post it later for you if you interested.

yes, please do post it!
crimson flames

Postby StepDubStep » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:00 am

blakbeltjonez wrote:wow....maybe all of his recreational skiing activities over the years have finally caught up with him.

You mean like.... playing in the snow? :lol:
Me no skin teeth and me no play!
StepDubStep

Postby skeng_man8191 » Sat May 05, 2012 2:25 pm

crimson flames wrote:
skeng_man8191 wrote:I have an interview with super cat from a few years ago and I have to say the guy is mental. He is on about poison plots on his manager and people trying to kill him to collect royalties. Saying there was a claim on the royalties and that it was announced on the news he was dead and he saw his death on the news I will post it later for you if you interested.

yes, please do post it!

heres the interview sorry it took me so long to get it to you i clean forgot. i hope you enjoy it, i know i did. its a shame things are this bad for him he sounds like a truly tormented sole. cat is very paranoid and has lots of conspiracy theories. listen and let me know what you think guys

peace

http://wtrns.fr/6SiggykL2UP3J78
skeng_man8191

Postby rasadam » Mon May 21, 2012 4:10 am

saw a post that said new cat but i think it's just a sample
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiGMNEmv ... ture=share
rasadam

Postby Ranking Glasses » Sun May 27, 2012 8:08 pm

I was a Super Cat fan for many years but after hearing some of what he had to say first hand, I stopped being a fan. Anyone who threatens to shoot their audience in the face isn't a very nice guy ! I suggest that you listen to Sean Paul instead as he does a very good impersonation of Super Cat !
Ranking Glasses

Postby monkeystyle » Mon May 28, 2012 1:50 am

Kind of hard to be a dancehall fan if you have to respect behavior and words coming from some artists.

Super Cat is a great artist with many many wicked tunes.

I just leave it at that.
monkeystyle

Postby pullup-records » Mon May 28, 2012 1:09 pm

can we put this interview once again, as it expired?
I can upload it into my personal server
pullup-records

Postby skeng_man8191 » Tue May 29, 2012 1:54 pm

http://youtu.be/qE178f7jzq0

heres the same interview from you tube
skeng_man8191

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion