DKR new releases - December 2010

Please announce your new releases here.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Forum rules
Please announce your new releases here.

Re: DKR new releases - December 2010

Postby **P** » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:20 pm

from a strict business point of view he does not need to know. If he does not own any (copy)rights to that specific piece of music, which are most likely with the producer. From a moral point of view he should have been told,

of course it is up to di producer to give / tell him about it...by respect i would have told him even if him na get any money...

however the world does not get round on rainbows and pink flowers.....[/quote]

thanks for the info lol
**P**

Postby RB » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:24 pm

it is not the business of distributors (aka me) to pay artist royalties. that is the producer's responsibility and at his discretion. of course i always want artists to get paid royalties but it is simply not my place to decide. nothing more to it than that. in spite of this, i have paid some artists royalties out of my own pocket. if an artist sees his tune out there and thinks he should eat a food off it, he should contact the producer. we all know that not every producer is going to check every artist who's tune he's pressing. if you've interacted with artists and producers and were involved in the business then you would already know all of this and how it goes.

secondly, and i'm only gonna say this personal information to rebuff the insinuation that i'm cheating someone out of something or disrespecting them, but Anthony Selassie and I, despite having never met, share a very close longtime mutual friend, and i know for a fact that this person told Selassie about this tune coming out from me...if he forgot or what, i don't know. the same day that we put up the Rythem Track tunes on our website, we also added a link to Anthony Selassie's website, because i like him a lot as an artist and i am interested in promoting and supporting the artists as well as the producers, even though in almost all cases we license tunes from producers. we have a website, facebook page, and my email address is given on every record. nothing is being hidden from anyone, especially not artists.

lastly, the tune has not even been out for 1 month yet and is not even in all shops yet. but thanks a lot for keeping us under suspicion. :roll:
RB

Postby vital ital » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:19 pm

1000th post to boot.

v.i.
Bashment girl nah come cheap.
vital ital

Postby mace » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:22 pm

even though i share a whole different view regarding the way these things goin and am not willing to support these represses, I have deep respect for the way RB handels all the accusations coming up everytime he announces the new releases.
he lets each and everyone know how he runs his business and which policies hes after!

compared to other people who spendin their time criticizing the work of others instead of doin something constructiv, RB takin his time to set the record straight and spreadin knowledge in many ways....respect for that!

....not even speakin of this rockerfool guy makin big $ out of tricking people with recuts and havin the guts to critizise other peoples business!
facebook.com/mace.phonomathic
soundcloud.com/phonomathic

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Digital-Alliance/138802099469053
mace

Postby yd international » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:30 am

wicked wicked tings come from DKR again - keep it up ! :arrow:

agree with the last poster. You have nuff patience RB. Keep spreading the music
yd international

Postby edgar » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:27 pm

Are you going to re-release (or release ) peter broggs - jah golden throne dubplate cuts ? some rumours...
thank you putting this on here- best reggae track ever, apart from most bob marley tracks
edgar

Previous

Return to New Release Announcements