WARRIOR STEPPAS TRIBUTE TO RISE UP CREW!

If you have legal audio to share, post it here! Also, here is where you put your reggae radio shows.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

WARRIOR STEPPAS TRIBUTE TO RISE UP CREW!

Postby warriorsteppas » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:56 pm

Greetings,

My tribute to Rise Up Crew has been done and ready to download!

The way i've done it is done the tracks indivdually as I have limited software, I tried my best to not pick any tunes that Rise Up Crew have already used so apologises if they are any tunes the same from rise up crew.

The tunes are in no particular order I was in a rush to finalise the mix as it is time consuming!

ENJOY!!!!:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7ZPAJF2U

Feedback on what you lot think of this mix would be greatly appreciated.

I might just even do part 2 :wink:
myspace.com/warriorsteppa
myspace.com/tidnrecords
warriorsteppas
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:16 pm

Postby juniorsound » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:06 am

wow, this proves my point on how deep tunes he has. only, it makes me think i am missing some or slept on some or what, its strange to have you remix a mix like that highlighting what are the boom tunes for you (i agree) but a lot of these are new to me and i counted myself a well versed rise up fan though i missed some early ones i need to track them down (are they all on one site or on here?) or again maybe i overlooked these, though a lot are familiar. love a good digital love song, lots of them. some boom gregory tunes. i would love to hear part 2 to make me go back and here neeko spin them in their context of his show too.
juniorsound
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:03 am

Postby warriorsteppas » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:34 pm

juniorsound wrote:wow, this proves my point on how deep tunes he has. only, it makes me think i am missing some or slept on some or what, its strange to have you remix a mix like that highlighting what are the boom tunes for you (i agree) but a lot of these are new to me and i counted myself a well versed rise up fan though i missed some early ones i need to track them down (are they all on one site or on here?) or again maybe i overlooked these, though a lot are familiar. love a good digital love song, lots of them. some boom gregory tunes. i would love to hear part 2 to make me go back and here neeko spin them in their context of his show too.


Rise up crew selections have been posted on B&F and also on their website not sure what it is just google search it, or contact one of the crew them.

These style of tunes are boom but I'm in to all styles of roots rock reggae music! The only thing is that I have not come across any soundsystems that play digital tunes from the 80 till the early 90s. All they play is revive (1970-present), raggah, digital (more new style), just raw steppas, and the new style of dub etc.
myspace.com/warriorsteppa
myspace.com/tidnrecords
warriorsteppas
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:16 pm

Postby juniorsound » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:44 pm

eh, whats the tune that is number 45? i think its like "when the bubbling so sweet i dont want to leave) and who produce it? pure vibes that tune
juniorsound
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:03 am

Postby warriorsteppas » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:03 am

juniorsound wrote:eh, whats the tune that is number 45? i think its like "when the bubbling so sweet i dont want to leave) and who produce it? pure vibes that tune


CHARMAINE DOCOSTA - BUBBLING SWEET (2 FRIENDS RECORD LABEL 7") DON'T WORRY BREDDREN WHEN IMAN START RUNNING DANCES I'LL PLAY THAT TUNE JUST 4 U!
myspace.com/warriorsteppa
myspace.com/tidnrecords
warriorsteppas
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:16 pm

Postby juniorsound » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:49 am

your a star!
eh, whats the song 17 (or my readout is fried on cd player) about energy energy, you got to have the energy...tune!
juniorsound
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:03 am

Postby warriorsteppas » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:09 am

juniorsound wrote:your a star!
eh, whats the song 17 (or my readout is fried on cd player) about energy energy, you got to have the energy...tune!


you know I think you have the tunes in the wrong order because Bubbling Sweet was actually track number 6 and you claimed it was 45???

but track 17 according to the way I set the folder is: Third World - Living the balance.

I'm surpised none hasn't had a crack at naming each and every tune! (YES I PURPOSELY DIDN'T LEAVE NONE OF THE TRACK TITLES)
myspace.com/warriorsteppa
myspace.com/tidnrecords
warriorsteppas
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:16 pm

Postby juniorsound » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:51 am

what? the songs that far off? my burner must be playing me false with numbering tracks or something. but the song i am after, is like energy energy, you have to have the energy gwaaaan. if you love sensi you have to have the energy, if you love sex you have to have the energy...
juniorsound
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:03 am

Postby **P** » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:44 am

when i read the lyrics you wrote junior it looks like "physical" from Vivan Jones....big 12' :wink:
**P**
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:41 pm

Postby Rise Up Crew » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:55 am

Wicked selection, dangerous Gregory tunes ! Give thx for the "Tribute" (even if i'm still alive !!!)

Big up all podcasters, all listeners
Rise Up Crew
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:03 am
Location: France

Postby warriorsteppas » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:06 am

**P** wrote:when i read the lyrics you wrote junior it looks like "physical" from Vivan Jones....big 12' :wink:


Yeah it is that tune, well because that's the only tune I put on there that has them lyrics.

Lol rise up crew I apologise for using the word tribute (just realised how stupid it sounds now :oops: ) I should have used a different word.

I might have part 2 soon people...I'm still deciding :wink:
myspace.com/warriorsteppa
myspace.com/tidnrecords
warriorsteppas
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:16 pm

UPLOAD

Postby rastafarirecords » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:35 am

HAVENT HEARD THE MIX YET BUT DONT KNOW IF U GUYS KNOW THAT THERE IS A GREGORY ISACCS PIECE TO BUBBLING SWEET CALLED QUITE STORM TWO FRIENDS 12" :shock: KILLER CUT BETTER THAN BUBBLING SWEET IMO 8)

DONT FORGET TO LOG INTO THE DUBLIFE SHOW EACH AND EVERY TUESDAY HOSTED BY THE ROOTS YOUTHS ON http://www.lifefm.co.uk/www/ BETWEEN 18.00-20.00 GMT
WE PLAY THE LASTEST ROOTS DUB MUSIC AND THE VERY BEST IN OLD TUNES, WE ALSO PLAY THE FRESHEST & NEWEST PROMO'S WHICH ARE FORTH COMING RELEASES AND TIME TO TIME HAVE COMPETION GIVE AWAY PRIZES VARY FROM RECORDS TO CDS TO T-SHIRTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rastafarirecords
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:29 pm

Postby dreadlion » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:17 pm

yes killer cut quiet storm was lucky to pick that up for cheap

also warriorsteppas whats track 11 called lyrics go like this can i give you ride... rubadub play in the back seat of my Mercedes
dreadlion
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: DUB ZONE

Postby dreadlion » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:22 pm

forget to mention i see you added my tune Lloyd Denton - Feelings in it track 23 killler

was lucky to pick this from france nuff mans asking me to sell it to them for ridiculous price

:D :D :D
dreadlion
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: DUB ZONE

Re: UPLOAD

Postby warriorsteppas » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:45 pm

rastafarirecords wrote:HAVENT HEARD THE MIX YET BUT DONT KNOW IF U GUYS KNOW THAT THERE IS A GREGORY ISACCS PIECE TO BUBBLING SWEET CALLED QUITE STORM TWO FRIENDS 12" :shock: KILLER CUT BETTER THAN BUBBLING SWEET IMO 8)

DONT FORGET TO LOG INTO THE DUBLIFE SHOW EACH AND EVERY TUESDAY HOSTED BY THE ROOTS YOUTHS ON http://www.lifefm.co.uk/www/ BETWEEN 18.00-20.00 GMT
WE PLAY THE LASTEST ROOTS DUB MUSIC AND THE VERY BEST IN OLD TUNES, WE ALSO PLAY THE FRESHEST & NEWEST PROMO'S WHICH ARE FORTH COMING RELEASES AND TIME TO TIME HAVE COMPETION GIVE AWAY PRIZES VARY FROM RECORDS TO CDS TO T-SHIRTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


totally agree! I was going to put quiet storm but I'm sure that rise up crew already used that tune!
myspace.com/warriorsteppa
myspace.com/tidnrecords
warriorsteppas
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:16 pm

Next

Return to Audio, Video & Mixes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest