Charlie Chaplin is the Pineapple Man

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Charlie Chaplin is the Pineapple Man

Postby Tomcat » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:35 pm

Just got Charlie Chaplin dancehalls Rockers vol 2 which contains the highly entertaining, yet somehwat strange Pineapple Man expecially when Chalie mimics a pinemans voice - sounding mnore like pacman i imagine.

anyone heard this??
Tomcat

Postby dots69 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:28 pm

im sure Dadi Digi will be well interested in that one, just got a text from him which reads 'yush bredda, rite now i man listening back a wicked Charlie Chaplin Live LP from Maypen 1984, killa ! Inspecta Willie round the deck with nuff Studio first. Tape pon cock, soon come Iyah'

a translation would be much appreciated !!!

meantime thanks to the same Digi im presently listening to a Briggy live set from Ocho Rios 1983, wicked stuff, plenty nice Dennis Brown tunes on deh, Briggy riding pon dem in fine style

large up Paul

respects
Dots
worries outernational dublin
dots69

Postby Tomcat » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:41 pm

unfortunatley this is not a chaplin session, but a stduio LP from ernie b in the US, just got my first order through today with great success - taking advantage of the strong pound. ordered on thursday night and records here first thing today!!

Anyway, back to Chaplin,

Basically the tune is about Chaplin and his love of pineapple, how he eats it, cuts it, cooks it and savours the taste in his mouth. at the bridge of the tune there is a a vocoder/very tight delay on his voice, thus rendering it an apporoporiate moment for 'Pineman' - from the Pineman community (aka chaplin in a funny voice) to tell us all about the nutritional content of the pineapple.

HOL UP YOUR HAND IF YOU A PINEAPPLE MAN!

The tune is based on a kind of sleng teng/horseman move riddim.
Features a spar of Chaplin backing him up.

Hope you are well,

T
Tomcat

Postby Anonymous » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:45 pm

Without hearing the tune my guess would be that pineapple is pretty much like mango...
Anonymous

Postby giab » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:44 am

apart from the fact mango's being smooth & shiny, & pineapples being rough & lumpy
giab

Return to General discussion