REGGAE IN BaRCELONA??

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

REGGAE IN BaRCELONA??

Postby ephteeay » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:37 pm

something strange happened.. i had asked thhis question 2 weeks ago because a friend was going a few days later.. and today my mum told me a friend of hers was giving away 2 free tickets (return flights) to barcelona... anytime before 31st december..and i got them!!! so i guess im going if i can get a few days off work (training) which i just started a short while back..

so.. anywhere to get reggae (vinyl) in barcelona?? (preferably things i cant get from ernie's)... so anywhere good for original pressings/rarer than very recent represses?? not that i have a lot of money.. but id rather spend it on records than accomodation. thanks a lot
ephteeay

Postby Professor Mushtaq » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:05 pm

I Kinda doubt you'll find much that Ernie doesn't have but there are some cool record shops in Raval - I don't know the streets but if you walk down Las Ramblas towards the harbour turn right and explore. In one of the streets running parrallel to Las Ramblas there are a bunch of second hand stores all clustered together. The locals are friendly, ask one.[/img]
Lawless Street - The finest in Reggae, Ska & Dub. 2RRR 88.5fm Thursday 4 - 6pm
Professor Mushtaq

Postby Liam » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:25 pm

Rimshot records (Gignas, 30) is the only specialst reggae store I came across in Barcelona. As well as a good selection of new releases and back catalog, the guy who runs the store is happy to tell you what's going on in town reggae-wise and how to get there.
Liam

Postby JT » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:38 pm

nothing positve to contribute to this discussion but I'll take any chance available to talk about Barca. At this point I think Eto'o, Ronaldinho and Deco comprise the best 3 player nucleus in the entire world of football.

...sorry for the interruption...
JT

Postby Ekki » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:53 pm

Iwo years ago I spent a few days in Barcelona. Loved it!
Didn't check much record stores, because I was there with my beloved woman.
But there was a secondhand store opposite to our hotel, where I found my musical souvenir:
Laurel Lorenzo Aitken - En Espanol
A very nice Ska Latino album!
Ekki

Return to General discussion