King Edwards Discography

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Postby nickbug » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:00 pm

gordon wrote:
There were two CDs around a while ago called King Of Ska vols 1&2 which collected together the four King Edwards compilations that were released through Brian Harris back in the late 80s.

Then Zapatoo_the_Tiger wrote;

I've only found volume 2 so far (and that was in Germany in Cologne) - this one includes 2 14-track albums "Man About Ska Town" and "Ska-Lutations From King Edwards". The re-mastering isn't brilliant, but since I'm not into the nth. degree of sound quality, it's OK. Tracks are (with "dodgy" years):

I was just doing some searches and came across a copy of Volume 1 on Amazon for sale at just £5.99. As I've got a couple of the albums I would rather get the others on vinyl as well. If you're interested in the CD here is a link;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/ ... 17-5410055
nickbug

Postby Jeff Shades » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:03 am

Many of the Laurel Aitken titles are self-productions from 1963, recorded with the (future) Skatalites on his first visit back to JA after emigrating to the UK.
Jeff Shades

Re: King Edwards Discography

Postby brennan » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:15 am

Would really appreciate any comment of the sound quality of the LP's. Are there any that sound better than the others?

Thanks for the thoughts!
Selector B Steady
brennan

Previous

Return to General discussion