Kingston Connexion 12" at Reggaemusicstore now

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Kingston Connexion 12" at Reggaemusicstore now

Postby Reggaemusicstore » Tue May 16, 2006 9:14 am

The much awaited wicked 12" on Kingston Connexion label is now available at RMS. Killer 70's roots produced by David Madden. On Side A we get vocal & dub of Nowhere by Ras Danhi. On Side B a next nice tune by Pablo Paul + a killer steppers cut of Take 5 from Herman Marquis & David Madden. It sounds to my ears like these were recorded at the Black Ark, maybe Jacques could confirm if he sees this.....

SIDE A: Ras Danhi - Nowhere
David Madden - River Flow On
SIDE B: Pablo Paul - Respect
Herman Marquis & David Madden - Take 5

http://www.reggaemusicstore.com/product ... P_ID=10971

Click on the speaker image for sound sample
Reggaemusicstore

Postby Weeda » Tue May 16, 2006 10:03 am

definitly a tune to have

a BIG respect to Jacques Golub for this one repress and his work on uhuru label.

don't misst , fe real!!

LOVE
weeda
Equal Rights and Justice for all Mankind
http://www.myspace.com/jahmilitant
Weeda

Postby uhuru disciple » Tue May 16, 2006 10:37 am

Greetings !

I feel the same way when I hear to the tunes,and many people told me it must be some lee perry stuff.Many tunes Mr Madden produced with Zap Pow were made at Black ark ,now Mr Madden told me these tunes were recorded and mixed at randy 's .I cant say more at the moment as I don t have enough information but it s very interesting.
What I can say is that zap pow sound had many years in advance when compared to most of the others jamaican bands. some early 70's productions sounded like some other bands early 80's stuff because the bass was already so heavy...Many people wont believe 'respect' was recorded in 75 as well as nowhere and the take 5 version, but looking & hearing to my collectors I know it s true & possible .

www.kingston-connexion.com
uhuru disciple

Postby Reggaemusicstore » Tue May 16, 2006 11:19 am

Jacques, the drum roll at the start of Nowhere & the percussion sounds exactly like the Upsetters band at the Black Ark, so does the reverb & echo. I can't believe this wasn't recorded there, no matter what David Madden says!
Reggaemusicstore

Postby uhuru disciple » Tue May 16, 2006 11:49 am

Steve ,

Something comes to my mind .
the Take 5 I have pressed have a vocal version produced by someone else .The jamaican music business is sometimes very complicated because the riddims can be to someone and the instrumental to someone else and make a producer possess legally only a vocal version on a riddim while other produce many artists and deejays on it too.
I will meet David Madden on 24 th april I have planned to interview him on that matter :D :D
Also, the Zap Pow song 'river' not the one on my disco which is 'river flow on' but an other one which is clearly a Black Ark sound and was released many times on 7' and lps was made at the same time and should I say in the same studio ... I ll get more info in a few days , :) even if I know I wont change your mind :wink:
uhuru disciple

Postby Reggaemusicstore » Tue May 16, 2006 12:09 pm

You're right Jacques, that does happen. My guess then is if it wasn't all done at Black Ark he got the riddim done there & took it to be voiced at Randy's. Respect.
Reggaemusicstore

Postby DrSuperlove » Tue May 16, 2006 12:53 pm

what a tune!

no money these days but i have to put in an order for this and Let's Go to Zion

i hate you reggaemusicstore
Wickedness increase!
DrSuperlove

Postby Reggaemusicstore » Tue May 16, 2006 2:03 pm

Yes Doctor, Let's Go To Zion's sold out but hopefully will be back in stock soon....
Reggaemusicstore

Postby DrSuperlove » Tue May 16, 2006 2:06 pm

just placed an order (brian bentsen) - waiting for winston francis to get back in stock, it's not on to tease me like that, blatantly not on
Wickedness increase!
DrSuperlove

Re: Kingston Connexion 12" at Reggaemusicstore now

Postby patxiez » Tue May 16, 2006 2:10 pm

Reggaemusicstore wrote:SIDE B: Pablo Paul - Respect
Herman Marquis & David Madden - Take 5

Is this version of take 5 the same as the one on 'Beres Hammond and friends" ERC CD reissue?

and, is the Pablo Paul tune on the same riddim?
patxiez

Postby Reggaemusicstore » Tue May 16, 2006 2:47 pm

I don't know the Beres Hammond tune you're talking about but unless it's a killer mid 70's steppers then I doubt it. The Pablo Paul tune is on a different riddim, not Take 5. I'm not sure but the Kingston Connection site www.kingston-connexion.com might have sound samples of all the cuts....
Reggaemusicstore

Postby Reggaemusicstore » Tue May 16, 2006 2:48 pm

Ok and Dr, yes, your order's safe...
Reggaemusicstore

Postby patxiez » Tue May 16, 2006 3:19 pm

Reggaemusicstore wrote:I don't know the Beres Hammond tune you're talking about but unless it's a killer mid 70's steppers then I doubt it. The Pablo Paul tune is on a different riddim, not Take 5. I'm not sure but the Kingston Connection site www.kingston-connexion.com might have sound samples of all the cuts....

Thanks for the answer. The tune i was talking about is not a Beres tune actually is credited to Herman Marquis and yes is a killer mid 70s steppers, so i suppose it would be the same tune.
patxiez

Postby ephteeay » Tue May 16, 2006 3:33 pm

its the same riddim as

anthony johnson's you i love (b side of just call me on uk freedom sounds 12")
and another 12" which is credited to fopoe (dubmentality? inflation high?) on twin toro.. a very confusing 12".. this ones a dub of the riddim.
ephteeay

Postby englishpound » Tue May 16, 2006 5:52 pm

Can anyone confirm if Zap Pow's "Last War" was recorded at Black Ark? On the 12" label it shows Black Ark as the recording studio but it is crossed out with swastikas!
Sat Sri Akal
englishpound

Next

Return to General discussion