Sizzla's .... In the mood

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Sizzla's .... In the mood

Postby Dadi Digi » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:24 am

On the Don Corleon label

man,, this guy is wacked !. This is a Frank Siantra type riddim. I am convinced that Sizzla is as mad as a brush now!

Other biscuits on this label just in.

Bang Bang riddim

Everywhere I go - Sizzla
Weed affe smoke - Sammi Ranks
Need you all night long - Half Pint

3 new joints from Vybz Kartel also on the Don Corleon print

Faggot Correction
Weh yuh a seh
Dutty Panty

Poor old Foxy Brown gets a good lashing on one of the above tracks.

Other new 45s sounding good are ther new Midnight Rock 45s

Big dance a keep - Jah Thomas
Good tings going on - Luciano
All di Gal dem fi me - Josie Wales and pinchers
I need Hi Grade - Junior Moore
Bring di herb come - General Trees

:shock:
Dadi Digi

Postby BMC » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:53 am

Digi, it's not so much Foxy Brown that gets the lashing on that track, but Spragga Benz. Apparantely something happened between Foxy Brown and Spragga Benz, something embarrassing for at least Spragga, and that's what Vybz is referring too. He's not really having a go at Foxy herself.

I also got that Sizzla track In The Mood and weird as it may be, I think it's a pretty nice tune. He recorded more tunes like this, which I will certainly check out!
BMC

Postby Chocolate Soldier » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:53 am

I know - 'In the Mood' is seriously bizarre-o..

2 questions spring to mind:

What were they thinking?

Who buys this stuff?

Hear the MP3 at:

http://www.soundquake.com/mp3/6323688604564607521.mp3
Chocolate Soldier

Postby BMC » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:55 am

Answer to your last question, Choco:

Dadi Digi and me for starters. :lol:
BMC

Postby Dadi Digi » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:08 am

Agreed BMC re Spragga but fancy poor old Foxy's mother hearing that track belted out on the RJR airways !. :twisted:
Dadi Digi

Postby Chocolate Soldier » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:41 pm

Are you guys gonna play a tune like this or did you order unheard, put it on the TT and thought..what the...? and laughed till you fell over...or..
?
Chocolate Soldier

Postby BMC » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:52 pm

I heard the tune on soundquake and bought it after that, because I was curious how the entire song would be and would sound in normal quality (ie. not that low bitrate mp3-thingy from soundquake). At home I played it and it didn't made me laugh at all. As said, I kinda like the tune and played it quite a few times already. I wasn't so surprised to hear a tune like this either, because I heard already that he was experimenting with tunes like this months ago. On Da Real Thing, there's also a jazzy-type tune, so it wasn't a real shocker to hear him do a song like this.
BMC

Postby BMC » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:58 pm

Btw. Choco, if you think that Sizzla tune is bad, check out the latest big selling riddim out of JA: Chakka Chakka. Now THAT is a riddim that makes one worry about the future of dancehall. :? Here's a sample from an Elephant Man on it:

http://www.soundquake.com/mp3/6323751238034655041.mp3
BMC

Postby steve0 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:06 pm

'In The Mood' was on his 'Rise To The Occasion' album along with a couple of other jazz type songs last year. I pretty much ignored them at the time, but might have to give them another try now.

Has anyone heard his new album 'Life' on Greensleeves yet? He's supposed to have produced it himself, and from the samples on the Greensleeves site it sounds like he's back to singing again. Could this be the return to form we've all been hoping for??

Also, it's worth checking out the cover as he looks a bit like those anti-GM protestors who used to wear chemical suits while trashing fields of GM crops...
http://www.greensleeves.net/bio/biogsizzlalife.html

Steve0
steve0

Postby Chocolate Soldier » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:39 pm

That new riddim sounds like some kind of carnival soca tune..

FWIW - I the 'In the Mood' voyages into Lee Perry 'Feelings' type territory to my ears.
Chocolate Soldier

Postby dots69 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:39 pm

the Elephant Man track uses the melody of 'Sammy Dead O' (Eric Morris i think) would'nt fret too much bout the riddim BMC obviously Soca flavours are big in JA right now since that number one by Maria Providence 'Hear my cry oh Lord' (and the Ele Man take 'Bun bad Mind') wicked tunes imho.

mind you that Sizzla mentioned above really is crap ! reminded me just slightly of The Administrators cover of 'Im in the mood for Love' a tune which on the other hand i loved !

respect
Dots
worries outernational dublin
dots69

Postby Liam » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:13 pm

when I first heard the In The Mood track I laughed hard, it made my day.
steve0, the new Sizzla album is nowhere near a return to form, there are a couple of OK tracks on it, but that's just about it IMO
Liam

Postby BMC » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:50 pm

Yes Dots, I know about that soca-influence getting lots of attention in JA and like you I also dig Bun Bad Mind. Big tune. However, after hearing Ele do the Sesame Street, followed by Afraid A Wi (based on a christmas carol) and then this Chaka Chaka stuff on which he did 3 tunes, with Beenie Man going with him with the "do the chaka chaka" and a riddim that's getting further away from soca, I'm a bit worried about where this is gonna end! :D

Oh yes, and that Sizzla track isn't so crap at all. It's different and no he's no Sinatra, but it's not crap in my book! There, I said it again! :lol:

[each to his own]
8)
BMC

Postby rez » Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:16 pm

not so sure bout the Chaka Chaka riddim myself....good for a bit of a bop I guess but hopefully this isn't the future of dancehall.

Just dug out "rise to the occasion"....In the mood. *Very* strange. Have to say it's not as bad as I thought when I seen the words "frank sinatra" and "sizzla kalonji" in one sentence but it's not the greatest. Funny tune though, gotta say I prefer it to 90% of his bashment output.
rez

Return to General discussion