out now

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

out now

Postby jb welda » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:56 pm

downbeat session in berlin 2004 at some cafe (cafe marti?). 3 cds full of killer specials. straight from the board.

you know the drill. thank you mike and of course thank you tony.

wjust@dgweb.com

one love
jah bill
jb welda

Also In Circulation

Postby Anonymous » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:05 pm

There's a few sessions from last year in Germany doing the rounds too.

Think they're also 3 or 4 CD sets, one's at Club Callaloo, another at Club Maria and I think there's a dance from Hamburg too.

Respect

Gordon
Anonymous

Postby jb welda » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:11 pm

thanks for the info. this would in fact be club maria. so if youve gots it, dont bother.

one love
jah bill
jb welda

Postby jb welda » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:12 pm

and i dont have the cds in front of me but i swear they were marked 2004...but that could be incorrect (the marking or the memory).

one love
jah bill
jb welda

Postby Anonymous » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:23 pm

I swear I've seen a couple of 2004 dances doing the rounds, I'll have to verify this with the guy I get sound system stuff from.

Respect

Gordon
Anonymous

Postby jb welda » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:43 pm

maybe we are crossing signals here gordon...you said "from last year" and i take that to mean 2003, hence my followup post saying i thought the ones i got were from 2004 but i could be wrong.

also got a stack of other downbeat sessions in germany recently including with (live) j osbourne, sammy dread and briggy, but they dont seem as crucial as this club maria set, thats why im concentrating on the maria thing as a christmas gift sort of deal.

i also might have that tony screw downbeat tribute to coxsone from the board coming my way but it hasnt arrived yet. did you say it was 8 hours or some such thing? i already have the 3 or so hour set that i guess was taped off the radio (courtesy of someone here as i recall) but im fuzzy on the details of that as well.

one love
jah bill
jb welda

Postby Anonymous » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:51 pm

Yes, the dances I have on CD are from 2003. There's 2004 dances around too as you say. Tony Screw seems to enjoy playing in Germany, it's now becoming the 4th biggest place for reggae after JA, the US and the UK.

Re: the WKCR Coxsone tribute from the boards, this was the entire show I believe - all 24+ hours. It was promised to me at the time by Brian Linde but when I mailed him to check up on the availability a couple of months ago, my mail was returned as undeliverable. Maybe I'll contact the station next Saturday when the show's on as I know Brian said he was moving back East and I assume that if he's made that move then he'll be part of the crew at WKCR once more.

Respect

Gordon
Anonymous

Postby jb welda » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:54 pm

i see what youre saying then...and again without referring to my cds (they are at home and im not) i think the ones i got are from oct 2004. they must like playing there and he certainly sounds like it from the sessions i have.

one love
jah bill
jb welda

Return to General discussion