Time Boom X de Devil Dead

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Postby rutabowa » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:55 pm

gordon wrote:....Though I do quite like the lyric "I am an elephant from outer space living in a suitcase" :D

even though i do quite like Time Boom X, that lyric you quote is definitely the peak of anything he's done postArk!
rutabowa

Postby mghifi » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:14 pm

I have always found the overzealous On-U Sound phobes to be funny. The fact that they are even chiming in on this thread is like asking Nathan Lane his opinion on a Laetitia Casta photo spread.
mghifi

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:33 pm

I hope I'm not classed as an "OnUphobe" - I have the first Dub Syndicate LP, The Dr Pablo LP and the Deadly Headley LP.

I just don't like anything that strays from a "traditional" reggae sound and a lot of ONU stuff veers off into techno and world music territory. That's fine, it's just not my cup of Earl Grey.

Last time I checked it was legal to not like something.....

Respect

Gordon
Anonymous

Postby mghifi » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:12 pm

gordon wrote:I hope I'm not classed as an "OnUphobe" -
Last time I checked it was legal to not like something....

Overzealous was the term i used. My reply only pertains to those.
mghifi

Postby Pluto » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:00 pm

mghifi wrote:I have always found the overzealous On-U Sound phobes to be funny. The fact that they are even chiming in on this thread is like asking Nathan Lane his opinion on a Laetitia Casta photo spread.

:?: :?: :?: :?: Can't see what you mean, mghifi - this board has proved to be excellent in troll-filtering. Nevertheless, On-U Sound's eccentrities & Perry's rants can't suit to everyone's taste, that's for sure!

Gordon, if you add the Creation Rebel dub & vocal sets, the Singers & Players discography and the 10-inch discoplates compilations to the records you mentioned, you have all the roots-reggae (at least as close to) On-U stuff available. Some of the best recordings by Bim Sherman, Prince Far I & Congo Ashanti Roy are there...
Pluto

Postby mghifi » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:06 pm

Sorry Pluto, I really don't understand your reply. It's all Greek to me....
mghifi

Postby Pluto » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:28 pm

mghifi wrote:Sorry Pluto, I really don't understand your reply. It's all Greek to me....

It's simple: for some people "Time Boom" is the dog's bollocks, for some others it's regular bollocks... :wink:
Pluto

Postby giab » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:37 pm

well said Pluto :)
giab

Postby mghifi » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:47 pm

I still don't understand what the Trolls comment had to do with my post. I didn't mention any such thing.
Yes, I understand. Some like it, some don't. Thanks for clearing that up.
You guys keep giving me answers to questions that I never asked. Much like a GW Bush press conference.
I never mentioned trolls, your rights to voice your opinions or any other random question. All I said was the known overzealous On U haters were funny and i didn't understand why they bothered posting to this thread. It would be like me posting on a Eagles or Fleetwood Mac thread.
mghifi

Postby giab » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:50 pm

I have no idea what pluto is refering too
Last edited by giab on Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
giab

Postby Pluto » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:44 pm

mghifi wrote:All I said was the known overzealous On U haters were funny and i didn't understand why they bothered posting to this thread.

I think this has caused the misunderstanding (if there is one here) – I couldn’t understand who you referred to since the negative opinions came from well-known BAFfers that I couldn’t recall calling themselves “On-U haters” or anything like that...

That’s what I was talking about when I said that there is no troll-posting here i.e. a never-heard-before guy who just posted something very negative and then left, a common phenomenon in the old board in quite a few threads.

Sorry if you found anything I said offensive (the “dog’s bollocks” thing was a bit of an insider joke – look at the “Now Playing” thread), but your post “it’s all greek to me” made me think you were kind of humour-spirited too...

Now if I take your Dubya comparison to heart (which is probably the biggest e-insult I’ve ever been given), I have a reason to be angry too... 8) 8)
Last edited by Pluto on Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pluto

Postby mghifi » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:45 pm

I did mean the "it's all greek to me" comment as a joke. It's just an old figure of speech I used seeing as you were in Athens.
And certainly don't take the Bush comment as a comparison. I wouldn't give that insult to my worst enemy.
mghifi

Postby Pluto » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:16 pm

OK, my friend! The fact that the "all greek to me" expression is commonly used is something I know (unlike the "dog's bollocks" thing) and everyone here finds it quite funny too! That's why, I was surprised to see you come a bit frustrated in the next post...

giab, keep in mind that by editing your post you might force others to do the same in order to keep the meaning intact... "shame on you" as Michael Moore would put it :wink:
Pluto

Postby DrSuperlove » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:06 am

Pluto wrote:It's simple: for some people "Time Boom" is the dog's bollocks, for some others it's regular bollocks...

haha, well done, pluto, fast learner!
DrSuperlove

Postby Anonymous » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:55 am

My fave post-Ark Perry tune is 'Seven Devils Dead' (from Secret Laboratory LP)

My fave On-U LP is 'Songs of Praise' by 'African Head Charge'.

My favourite On-U song title is ' African Head Charge Don't care About Space Invader Machines'.

I used to buy quite a bit of On-U sound and go to their gigs - Especially Dub Syndicate - Used to love seeing head Charge live. But I almost never listen to any of it nowadays.

Baldy
Anonymous

Previous

Return to General discussion