Rod Taylor master 1/4" tape on eBay

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Postby King R » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:06 pm

Chocolate Soldier wrote:
FitZ wrote:It seems to have been stored quite well ..& even it could be a nice material for dubplte cuts..ain't it? Goes for £56

Exactly - cuz note on the box is written vocals 1 trk audio 2cnd track 'please sum to mono',
So you'd think its a split track deal with vox acapella on one track,
Also if its EMI tape its probably fine, I think it was some bad batches of Ampex 456 that turned to goo

it was Ampex that had the biggest issue, but any old tape can go bad if stored worng. Gven its a 1/4 track master, I am wondering if it is a storage dub and not the real master
King R

Postby asher selector » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:22 pm

Mr Thô wrote:
Chocolate Soldier wrote:No - just the owner of the tape

But the legal definition of a producer isn't the one who owns the master tape ?I think so...

Mr Thô

Big Up ............ you have the executive producers the one who put the money & you have the artistique producer the one who produce muzikaly ..............
Reggae Muzik More www.raspectshop.com Irie ...
asher selector

Postby skunkride » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:08 pm

So, choco - did you manage to check the tape yet ?
skunkride

Postby Mr B » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:13 pm

But the legal definition of a producer isn't the one who owns the master tape ?I think so...

Mr Thô

The purchaser does now own a master recording (of sorts) it may be the original master or it could be a copy known as a production master. The person who originally paid for and arranged the recording to take place is probably still in title 'the producer' of that recording as played direct from the tape. The purchaser "officially" needs the permission of the person who owns the rights to the song to do anything commercially with it. i.e. if they created a new mix or remix from the contents of the tape and wanted to replicate it or play it in public. The rights owner may be Rod Taylor if he wrote the song or in fact anyone else he may have subsequently sold or transferred the rights to.
Mr B

Postby capullo » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:30 pm

c'mon choco, share some light :lol:
capullo

Re: Rod Taylor master 1/4" tape on eBay

Postby ephteeay » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:27 am

So Choco?
ephteeay

Postby Varese » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:37 pm

Oh yeah, I remember this. Chocco?
Varese

Re:

Postby Roman » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:49 pm

dougie conscious wrote:a tape that old might be knackered,if not kept in storage at right room temp it will stick together or go mouldy and have to be baked,cant see the piont of buying it myself if youve allready got the tune on 12,if it was diffrent cuts then yer i would buy it,respect dougie

"To be baked". Dougie I am not really familiar with the subject but I'd like to know how it works. How does one bake a tape? In the kitchen oven? At what temperature?
Roman

Postby johnnyB » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:06 pm

http://www.penguinrecording.com/restoration.html

A short but precise description of what "baking a tape" means. Link found on Seb Carayol's (great) "Reel Heavy Music" site.
http://reelheavy.wordpress.com/
...who feels it knows it...
johnnyB

Postby Roman » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:16 pm

Thank you JohnnyB )
Roman

Previous

Return to General discussion