vivian weathers question..

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

vivian weathers question..

Postby ephteeay » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:03 pm

recently received vivian weathers "bad weathers" cdr from zoki...
been listening to star of sufferation!!

what do you think of this LP? was it liked in the uk when it was out?
and is it a rare LP? i hadnt heard about it i think... but did a search on ebay and saw a copy for sale.. does it turn up often?

plus.. does he have more music credited to him?

thanks!
ephteeay

Postby Dadi Digi » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:17 pm

A mate of mine has always loved that LP but I never rated it. Mind you I aint heard it in years.
"If you ride like lightning, you'll crash like thunder" (M.Buchanan)
Dadi Digi

Postby JV » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:42 pm

I don't think it was very popular. In the early 80's there were huge overstocks of that album for sale in Helsinki, stacks of hundreds of records for extremely cheap in chain record stores and it was so common that no record trader would appreciate it. Lots of Virgin Front line records ended up here - it was fun to pick them up real cheap but Vivian Weathers was not popular. Ranking Trevor's album was almost as common. Where are those records now one might wonder?
JV

Postby Dadi Digi » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:45 pm

Thats the Ranking Trevor where is sitting on the bonnet of a car I think ?. I recall it to was all over stores in Dublin back in the day. You would do well to find it nowadays though.
"If you ride like lightning, you'll crash like thunder" (M.Buchanan)
Dadi Digi

Postby ephteeay » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:34 pm

the funny thing is that a friend of mine found a copy of ranking trevor for 1 (one) euro on an island in Greece in a shop full of random crap! (must have been sitting there for years!!) .. i was jealous as usual and then i found it 2 months later in athens!! (10 euros) - great record..
ephteeay

Postby JT » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:37 pm

going back to Vivian Weathers material, you may also want to track down his cut "Song Of Blood" from LKJ's first album and a couple of Bovell/Island singles - "Married Woman" and "Just A Game"...I think the musician credits for Bad Weathers go to most of the members of the forgotten UK band Merger.
JT

Return to General discussion