using iTunes

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

using iTunes

Postby benja » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:03 am

I have one computer set up as a jukebox at my house where I use iTunes to play all the MP3s that I've made of the albums in my collection.

The reason I use iTunes is that I like the straightforward ability it gives you to edit information about tracks, make notes, etc.

The PROBLEM though is that once you get more than 20 MP3s in the damn thing, it is slow as MUD... Whenever I hit play, sometimes it takes up to 10 seconds to have the track start playing. I've gone to just using WinAmp if I'm just trying to listen to music, but I don't like the "grip" it gives you on the songs, just not quite as quick to edit track information as iTunes is.

Anyone have any other suggestions for players like iTunes that are better suited to Windows?
http://www.algoriddim.org
benja

Postby Varese » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:58 pm

This is going to be no help, but I've got several thousand mp3s in my iTunes collection and I've got no time lag at all. I've even used it for dj-ing when I've been abroad.
Then again, I've got a mac with over a gig of memory...
Possibly more help- a mate of mine uses iTunes to catalogue but Traktor (?) to play from.
V
Varese

Return to General discussion