BOOKS OF SLAVING – SCROLL 2
Back by popular demand, Heartical Label is proud to announce the release of 14 unreleased cuts on his sold out “Slaving” riddim played by Basque Dub Foundation!
It is a unique honor for Heartical to have the legendary originator of the Slaving rhythm himself, Lloyd Parks (Order of Distinction of Jamaica), singing a new version of his classic song, originaly released in 1972 . We also updated this historic song with a deejay cut, where Lloyd Parks teams up with Joseph Cotton (aka Jah Walton, veteran Jamaican deejay, he recorded for Joe Gibbs, Carlton Patterson, Derrick Harriot, Fashion or Supercat’s Wild Apache label). Another classic, “Chant Down Babylon” (produced by Glen brown in 1973) is also brilliantly revisited by Sylford Walker in a solo cut (only available from the digital album), part two is a duo cut with Papa Kojak (out of Kojak & Liza legendary rub a dub duo of the early 80s), the same Kojak also delivers some heartfelt reality lyrics on a second solo cut (only available from the digital album). Nello B is a veteran Jamaican artist now based in Switzerland, he graces the riddim with his conscious cultural lyrics delivered in a brilliant Dennis Brown style. The evergreen General Levy is always in top form for his fifth Relase with Heartical, he litterally rides the riddim with his unique gimmicks & fast style delivery (Levy is famous worldwide for his hits “Incredible” which appeared in Ali G movie, “Heat” or “The Wig”, he recently scored again with “Professional Ganja Smoka”, “Giddeon Boots” or “Time Dread” ).
On top of working with accomplished veterans, Heartical label always loves to expose some fresh talents in its releases. Here is the third single on the label for the talented Jamaican vocalist Zareb (previously known as Mr Flash, sparring partner of Fantan Mojah). Also hailing form Jamaica, Tampanaeh (only available from the digital album) is a young rasta artist from the Youth Promotion Camp (the label & sound of the great late Sugar Minott), he sings about the sufferation of his ghetto people from the Kingston 5 area. Making his first appearance on the Heartical label too, the rasta singjay Little Guerrier (only available from the digital album) is based in French Guyana, Heartical met him in 2011 when the sound was playing at the Transamazoniennes Festival (St Laurent du Maroni), proving again that reggae music is truly outernational. The series also includes another scorcher from Rootsamala (a brother & sister vocal duo from Malaga, Spain) delivering once more their conscious lyrics in English. The Francophone scene is again represented with another houselhold name from the Heartical camp: Original Uman from Belgium (only available from the digital album), shooting some propers lyrical bullets. The line up comes complete with a heavyweight dub cut (only available from the digital album) and a fine organ instrumental by Basque Dub Foundation. All the tracks were mixed by Darren Jamtone @ Jamtone Studio (London/UK). The artwork of the album is courtesy of the French artist Dimitri Avramoglou (author of “Caravane”, currently working on the new adventures of Philippe Druillet’s cult character “Lone Sloane”)... Enjoy!
In addition to this new releases, the original “Slaving” 2005 one-riddim album from Heartical label is now also available in digital format from all legal platforms featuring 9 vocal cuts by Mykal Roze, Al Campbell, Little Roy, Anthony Johnson, Edi Fitzroy, Carlton Livingston, Roberto Sanchez, U Brown and Lone Ranger, plus a melodica instrumental by BDF.
- Singles 7” x 4 / Release scheduled for SEPTEMBER 24, 2012.
HS061 – LLOYD PARKS “Slaving” / LLOYD PARKS & JOSEPH COTTON “Mental Slavery” (2012)
HS062 – SYLFORD WALKER & PAPA KOJAK “Babylon Kingdom Fall” / NELLO B "So Jah Say” (2012)
HS063 - ZAREB “Heart of Mankind” / ROOTSAMALA “Keep up the faith” (2012)
HS064 - GENERAL LEVY “Rub A Dub Session” / BDF "South East London Skank” (2012)
- 14 tracks Digital Album / Available from all legal platforms on OCTOBER 5, 2012.
1. Lloyd Parks – Slaving (L.N. Parks)
2. Lloyd Parks & Joseph Cotton – Mental Slavery (L.N Park, S. Walton)
3. Sylford Walker – Chant Down Babylon (S. Walker / L.N Parks, G.L Brown)
4. Sylford Walker & Papa Kojak –Babylon Falling (S. Walker, F. Perch / L.N Parks, G.L Brown)
5. Papa Kojak – Reality Song (F. Perch / L.N Parks, G.L Brown)
6. Nello B – So Jah Say (N. Burrell / L.N Parks, G.L Brown)
7. Zareb – Heart Of Mankind (R. McCurdy / L.N Parks, G.L Brown)
8. Tampanaeh – Poor People’s Cry (G. McKenzie / L.N Parks, G.L Brown)
9. Rootsamala - Keep up the faith (R. Perez, A. Perez / L.N Parks, G.L Brown)
10. Little Guerrier - I-Life (A. Main / L.N Parks, G.L Brown)
11. Uman - Prédateurs (M. Histace / L.N Parks, G.L Brown)
12. General Levy – Rub A Dub Session (P. Levy / L.N Parks, G.L Brown)
13. BDF – Slave of Dub (L.N Parks, G.L Brown)
14. BDF – South East London Skank (Inyaki / L.N Parks, G.L Brown)
Prod : S. Marigomez & Inyaki / Exe Prod : S. Marigomez / Musicians: BDF / Mixed by Darren Jamtone
- Watch & listen to the promo mix here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVmGTp3W ... lDrYTvkyaA
- Download & listen to the Heartical promo mix of the Slaving riddim:http://www.sendspace.com/file/ntuwq1
- Tracklisting of the promo mix :
1. Lloyd Parks & Joseph Cotton - Mental Slavery
2. Sylford Walker & Papa Kojak - Babylon Falling
3. Papa Kojak - Reality Song
4. Nello B - So Jah Say
5. Zareb - Heart Of Mankind
6. Rootsamala - Keep up the faith
7. Tampanaeh -- Poor People's Cry
8. Little Guerrier - I-Life
9. Uman - Prédateurs
10. General Levy - Rub A Dub Session
More music here ! Visit us :http://www.heartical.nethttp://www.myspace.com/hearticalparishttp://www.facebook.com/hearticalsoundlabelhttp://www.youtube.com/user/MrHeartical