Moderator: B&F Moderator

Forum rules
Please announce your new releases here.

DKR & Bond Export new releases - May 2012

Postby RB » Wed May 30, 2012 1:09 am

RB

Re: DKR & Bond Export new releases - May 2012

Postby james19 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:46 am

Yes, RB. Likin' that Barry Brown...very solid tune!
james19

Postby j j » Wed May 30, 2012 8:58 am

Yes i agree Jah Jah Disciple is killer! Tell Me That You Love Me is also destined to be a firm favourite around here.

RB curious to know why theres no mention that 3 of those Fox Fire 7's were reissued on the Rootical Dubber label in 2000? Are the Rootical Dubber 7's bootlegs/ or unathorised???
Iirc they issued 2 cuts of Burning Bush the original version & also a digi cut. Apology was issued as No Apology.
Rootical Dubber label states :Arranged by N.Vassell/D Barnett . Made In Ja.

cheers
j j
j j

Postby james19 » Wed May 30, 2012 10:35 am

j j wrote:Yes i agree Jah Jah Disciple is killer! Tell Me That You Love Me is also destined to be a firm favourite around here.

RB curious to know why theres no mention that 3 of those Fox Fire 7's were reissued on the Rootical Dubber label in 2000? Are the Rootical Dubber 7's bootlegs/ or unathorised???
Iirc they issued 2 cuts of Burning Bush the original version & also a digi cut. Apology was issued as No Apology.
Rootical Dubber label states :Arranged by N.Vassell/D Barnett . Made In Ja.

cheers
j j

I have those Rootical Dubber 7"s.....I would guess they are bootlegs.
james19

Postby jps » Wed May 30, 2012 10:38 am

Many thanks for keeping the Jah Life releases coming. Can't wait to get ahold of these and am really looking forward to what will be coming in the future as well.

And thanks for the Fire Fox releases as well, they are new to me.

You guys continue to put out music that I have been wanted for many years or that is completely new to me and I thank you for that.
jps

Postby ephteeay » Wed May 30, 2012 11:08 am

not sure whether the rootical dubber singles were 'bootlegs' however I remember seeing biographies of the artists on the Rootical Dubber website in the past + recent photos of the artists .. so I guess at least the artists were aware of the releases.. There were also modern cuts of some of the tunes...

Clive Matthews 'Big Brown Eyes' (roots cut) is another Fox Fire / Fire Fox killer still missing (fortunately :P)

edit: here it is http://rooticaldubber.com/artists.php
ephteeay

Postby RB » Wed May 30, 2012 11:11 am

the Rootical Dubber issues were licensed and legit, with artist & producer involvement, same as our new issues. folks are well aware of them, i did not purposefully not mention them.

they did release 'Live Not For Vanity' and 'Burning Bush', but the cut of 'Apology' they issued was a then-current digital do-over, not the orig. 1970s cut we have issued here.

the 2nd part of the Fox Fire series is due out later this year with -
Clive Matthews - Am Going Home
Clive Matthews - My Girl Has Gone
Clive Matthews - Big Brown Eyes (orig. roots cut w/ horns)
Trevor Byfield - Jah Guide

for the record the right name of the label is FOX FIRE...the old labels saying "Fire Fox" are a typo!
RB

Postby smith64 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:28 pm

Glad to see these out again and hopefully decent, clean presses as my copy of Burning Bush on Rootical Dubber is pretty woeful especially the amount of crackle and noise on that heavy dub, I can understand your guess that they were bootlegs James19!

Yes, the No Apology I have on Rootical Dubber is different riddim, different lyrics, really like it actually......

Thanks and respect for the releases RB.
smith64

Postby RB » Wed May 30, 2012 2:10 pm

smith64 wrote:
Yes, the No Apology I have on Rootical Dubber is different riddim, different lyrics, really like it actually......

me too, it's a really good tune.

would love to see people do some new work with Clive & Trevor and voice them over some proper newly built heavy roots rhythms.

if anyone wants to do so, please get in touch and we'll make the link.
RB

Postby ephteeay » Wed May 30, 2012 2:34 pm

Trevor Byfield in particular has a unique & very powerful voice.. suits Roots music perfectly imo !
ephteeay

Postby waterhouserock » Wed May 30, 2012 2:39 pm

Capatalist vampire johnny come lately strikes again relentlessly picking of the big roots tunes like a true internet parasite..
waterhouserock

Postby skunkride » Wed May 30, 2012 7:05 pm

What about these tunes (& a lot more) which were already repressed by Rootical Dubber, Waterhouse ? Are Rootical Dubber also internet parasites or the lesser sound quality of their releases make them a righteous operation ? Or maybe operating before internet took over put them in a holier position ? Just curious...
skunkride

Postby waterhouserock » Wed May 30, 2012 8:55 pm

Anyone systematically feeding from the work of others is a parasite. Rootical dubber was around before the internet and did not use readily available information on popsike, eBay etc. Does that satisfy your curiousity? The biggest tune in this batch is tell me that you love Me which had not been repressed before. Nuff man in the UK ain't happy with this level of exploitation of reggae by RKR...this music has been around for decades yet no one systimatically cashed in on the the killers which is what is happening today by an unrelated third party buisness. Id rather see the producers and artists keeping the majority of profits by rereleasing their own works. So much has now been reissued and bootlegged by unrelated companies and capatalist individuals that its killing a long history of sound system culture.
waterhouserock

Postby RB » Wed May 30, 2012 9:33 pm

the sheer narcissism, self-righteousness, self-importance, hypocrisy and utter invention (you're far beyond even conjecture here) shining in your comments is so bright that's its blinding. and this isn't name calling...these are simply the only things i see communicated by your comments.

you can continue to childishly name-call and outright slander (you're not the first, and you won't be the last), but we're not going to stop releasing records.

suffice to say that anyone who knows even a little bit about the reggae business knows that manufacturing & distribution agreements between producers/artists and folks like myself have existed since the dawn of the business, and carry on today much in the same manner as they always have. in fact, the entire UK reggae "industry" was built on them. if you think this amounts to "exploitation" then you lack more than just simply a misunderstanding of the business. you can cite Duke Reid & Coxsone all day long, but they were businessmen through and through. they understood all this. they helped start it.

as for this abstract notion of "cashing in on the killers", this is your post-facto assessment of things and has no bearing in the larger reality of the music...that is to say, i assure you Mssrs. Matthews, Byfield, and Vassell made this music with every intention of having it be available to be heard by anyone willing to buy a 45 and give it a listen. after all, they already released them all once!
they (and i) laugh after your perspective, but you're entitled to it none the less.

my business was started with the precise intention to MAKE AVAILABLE HIGH QUALITY BUT RAREFIED MUSIC. this is what we've been doing for 3 years now and will continue to do unabated by trolls like you.

this music has been around for decades, and it will continue to be around for decades more. it was NEVER made only for the feeling-entitled likes of you, with the big chip on your shoulder constantly needing to point out how you knew about it first.

lemme break it down for you -
people made records for other people to hear, to buy, to own, to listen to. unfortunately, some of them that were really good, became really rare. not that many people could listen to them after that. we're just resetting the thing to its original intention. there ain't more to it than that. and yeah, we make a few bucks in the process. it's a big job after all. come by the mansion some time and have a drink. :lol:

arguing with you was a bore the first time around, it's even more boring now.
RB

Postby RB » Wed May 30, 2012 9:38 pm

apologies to all supporters for this tedious merry-go-round once again.

these tunes will be shipping to shops in the coming days...look for them soon!

play LOUD and big up the Fox Fire crew every time
RB

Next

Return to New Release Announcements