johnny scar repress dub store

Please announce your new releases here.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Forum rules
Please announce your new releases here.

Re: johnny scar repress dub store

Postby edgar » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:41 pm

I don't have the record. I never understood the fuss about this piece. Nothing special about it imo..sounds like a burning spear imposter. And it's rare because it didn't sell for a hoot back in the days.. Not much interst outside a few die hard Shaka followers. And it's not because it was some tiny label or whatever.. I see Solomonic 7 and 12"es here very very often.. (next to bob marley records, jimmy cliff eddy grant etc etc ) Probably could have collected the whole catalogue outside this piece (got several copies of peter tosh - anti apartheid here now as well. No repress biz..)
thank you putting this on here- best reggae track ever, apart from most bob marley tracks
edgar

Postby Sir Bellyas » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:06 am

To each his own edgar, but few people managed to get it originally because as far as I recall, it was only available in one shop and that was Daddy Kools, for about a week. True, there was little interest in anything other than dancehall at the time from the regular reggae massive, and die hard Shaka followers were the only ones looking for these kind of tunes. As far as I'm concerned its a tuff tune.
Sir Bellyas

Postby Baba Jonah » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:45 pm

Happy to get hold of this tune. Good message. Funny, like many tunes I now own I didn't really like it when I first heard it but it grew on me and now I like anyone else can pick up this new reissue. One of the people I buy records from delivered it to me as I was playing yesterday evening (timing iyah!!) and I dropped it shortly after to a good reception from the mostly non-roots crowd in attendance. Reuben Master smashed it pon version too!! Goes to show, a good tune is a good tune and will shine through as a piece of music to whoever listens, and as deep roots goes this is a good example I guess to showcase to new ears who wouldn't normally hear such tunes.

Well worth it. Respect Dubstore. :D
http://www.facebook.com/jahecho.hifi
http://www.facebook.com/CentahSound
Baba Jonah

Postby rem » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:09 pm

I bought a copy few days ago, and noticed that the right channel sound quality is not very good. Bass seems distorted.
Anyone has noticed the same problem, or is it just my copy?
rem

Postby skunkride » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:26 am

Just received my copy - although the bass sounds slightly saturated i wouldn't say it's distorted, doesn't sound too bad.
skunkride

Postby Tweeter » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:44 pm

got my copy today, THIS IS A QUALITY REPRESS!!!
PRECISION SOUND SYSTEM.
Feeding the peoples needs for Roots Music.
Strictly premium grade reggae and dub steppers from the early 70's to present day.
Tweeter

Postby SkipG999 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:22 am

The Right Channel does have distortion. Glad it was the record and not my gear. Still worth getting thought.
Huge collector of Roots and Dub. Travel the World looking for Gems either on CD or Vinyl.
SkipG999

Postby yd international » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:19 am

looks like I may have been correct about the bass (on some presses at least)
yd international

Previous

Return to New Release Announcements