DKR new releases - Nov. 2011

Please announce your new releases here.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Forum rules
Please announce your new releases here.

Re: DKR new releases - Nov. 2011

Postby jah_vaults » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:04 pm

I think somebody else should follow digikiller footsteps and start repressing more gems so many other deleted labels and producers to work with ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
jah_vaults

Postby Fredlocks » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:17 pm

I hold my hands up, i said some stupid **** and i appolgise. I was having a bad day. I am eating humble pie as we speak.

At least i am man enough to admit my bad words

Of course its a good thing the music is made available again, vinyl is a dying breed and its good some are keeping it alive.

Keeep up the works digicrew....... i mean that.
Fredlocks

Postby Jah_Wisdom » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:09 pm

Fredlocks wrote:I hold my hands up, i said some stupid **** and i appolgise. I was having a bad day. I am eating humble pie as we speak.

At least i am man enough to admit my bad words

Of course its a good thing the music is made available again, vinyl is a dying breed and its good some are keeping it alive.

Keeep up the works digicrew....... i mean that.
Attachments
shocked-cat.png
shocked-cat.png (159.79 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
Who Jah Bless Let No Man Curse
Jah_Wisdom

Postby yd international » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:15 am

Gwan Fred!
yd international

Postby skunkride » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:55 pm

Wonder why no one on this thread is talking about the Yabby You & Black Ark nicities being repressed ? Guess theres no interest in them as they don't have any cheesy 80s synth lines :? well, guess i'll buy the Forces tune anyway only to sell it for $150 in few years time ! :wink:

Seriously, i can understand both sides on the repress debate - personally i can say that my want list is always increasing so glad to have the chance to grab a decent tune here & there for a few dollars...as long that sound quality is good it's all good !
skunkride

Postby edgar » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:18 pm

skunkride wrote:Wonder why no one on this thread is talking about the Yabby You & Black Ark nicities being repressed ? Guess theres no interest in them as they don't have any cheesy 80s synth lines :? well, guess i'll buy the Forces tune anyway only to sell it for $150 in few years time ! :wink:

Seriously, i can understand both sides on the repress debate - personally i can say that my want list is always increasing so glad to have the chance to grab a decent tune here & there for a few dollars...as long that sound quality is good it's all good !

I can imagine why there is no interest in the repress of 'the return of pipecock jaxxon'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjXK6Epi ... re=related
thank you putting this on here- best reggae track ever, apart from most bob marley tracks
edgar

Postby RB » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:49 pm

skunkride wrote:Wonder why no one on this thread is talking about the Yabby You & Black Ark nicities being repressed ?

:idea: :idea: :idea:

end of December is big...some of the best tunes of the late 70s IMO...

hold tight
RB

Postby yd international » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:35 pm

Slow down man! :wink: I never know when to place my orders nowadays... shops seems to get the tunes a while after your heavily anticpated announcements and I wait for a few to drop before I part with my dunza

still :arrow:
yd international

Postby Markos » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:48 am

It's very nice to see plenty of killer records available again for the public...But it can not hide something that someone obviously does not complain about here :

Why prices of digikiller tunes are they so expensive ? Tunes are repress, no ?

It frustrates me because I feel that reggae becomes elitist, as if buying vinyl was only reserved for a rich public. I would like to have the opinion of Digikiller about this...In this time of crisis, it hurts ! After do not come crying if no one buys anything...

I feel the same for Tuff Scout stuff...We take us for cows to be milked or what ?!
Markos

Postby RB » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:06 am

yd international wrote:Slow down man! :wink: I never know when to place my orders nowadays... shops seems to get the tunes a while after your heavily anticpated announcements and I wait for a few to drop before I part with my dunza

order at your own pace! they're not going anywhere... :D
RB

Postby RB » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:11 am

Markos wrote:It's very nice to see plenty of killer records available again for the public...But it can not hide something that someone obviously does not complain about here :

Why prices of digikiller tunes are they so expensive ?

with all respect, i think our records are priced fairly. i don't think anyone with any knowledge of vinyl manufacturing and/or the current state of the reggae biz and record sales/distribution in general (let alone in niches like ours) would disagree.

as a larger issue, i think reggae buyers were spoiled for a long time by very cheaply priced jamaican records (which were the result of a very unique system not possible anymore or anywhere else for that matter)
RB

Postby zonard » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:30 am

Can't agree more RB, how can we compare an horrible JA Sonic Sounds pressing at $3 (or even less) using rinced & off centered stampers & 100% recycled vinyl to your reissues ?
As you said, the JA buisness model is not available anymore. It's another debate but their just slowly killed their own buisness with this kind of cheap pressings.

Back on your latest batch, I've been after the Devon Russell on Conquering Lion for 8 years now ! Thanks !
Already got the Famine Time on Globe Intl but I'll jump on the Follow Fashion cut. The (LSP) Fever is one of the sickest bassline ever.
zonard

Postby yd international » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:02 am

Markos wrote:It's very nice to see plenty of killer records available again for the public...But it can not hide something that someone obviously does not complain about here :

Why prices of digikiller tunes are they so expensive ?

Question: how much you gona pay for the original piece?

RB wrote:
yd international wrote:Slow down man! :wink: I never know when to place my orders nowadays... shops seems to get the tunes a while after your heavily anticpated announcements and I wait for a few to drop before I part with my dunza

order at your own pace! they're not going anywhere... :D

Good to know. This 'limited 500' reissue thing gets me paranoid after a while.

On another note, I have to say, that Kush Dan I release made my year, came out of nowhere. Respect!
yd international

Postby zonard » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:24 am

yd international wrote: Question: how much you gona pay for the original piece?

This is not relevant, too much people use this trick to sell overpriced reissues, mean that their retail prices has absolutely nothing to do with the production costs & reasonable margins. I don't say this for DKR as their prices imo reflect something "reasonable", but as a good example you have the "Let My People Go" repress at £15 on a thin vinyl where the pressing plant even did'nt take the time to purge the injection screw from the remaining raw material used for the previous (translucent) pressing... :roll:
zonard

Postby RB » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:38 pm

none of our records are limited to any number, and we don't advertise them as such. i think that's clear but saying it just in case.

also i don't think the price of an original press record has anything to do with what a reissue should cost.

another obvious point that might bear repeating is that labels/distributors (ME) do not set the RETAIL price of a record. that's up to the retailers (shops). we sell records to everyone at the same price. whatever happens after that is not up to us. though obviously retail prices are to a degree reflexive of the wholesale price...

sometimes these common sense things bear repeating. that's all.

thanks for the kind words @yd @zonard
RB

PreviousNext

Return to New Release Announcements