neeko: worlds best podcaster?!?

If you have legal audio to share, post it here! Also, here is where you put your reggae radio shows.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

neeko: worlds best podcaster?!?

Postby juniorsound » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:44 pm

i think so. i listen to nonstop podcasts, online mixes and online radio to while away the work day, 6 or 7 hours a day, then on the ride home too. i am saying in terms of music i like, style, consistency, vibe, its all killer no filler. a few so good it turned the ears of some gal them in this direction and its on! no disrespect to any other online podcasts, buts that rise up'd to some next level business. people sparking lighter as i cruise the street, thats real...

second place goes to the missionary efforts of jayman and andrew, perfect to blend into to neeko's genius.
juniorsound

Postby Jayman65 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Ha! Ha! Only second my friend :D :D :D

Many thanks for the kind words, much appreciated...

PEACE
ImageFor the best in Foundation sound system business
http://www.whocorkthedance.com/
Jayman65

Postby juniorsound » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:42 pm

ya, i should of said tied for first but the neeko mixes got me digits, so...daughters love that telephone love and reggae you know.

but really who the corked the dance is a blessing no doubt, give thanks for this resource! i plan on supporting both with some paypal as my friend got a message neeko's bandwith was exceeded on one mix at least. worries.

i guess for streaming radio nothing beats Disciples (addition)
Last edited by juniorsound on Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juniorsound

Postby Rise Up Crew » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:59 pm

Damn, done know what to say... :oops:
Rise Up Crew

Postby Mick Sleeper » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:51 am

Neeko might be the best podcaster, but he needs to pay for more bandwidth so I can hear them! :lol:

Loved the Xterminator selection.
Without music, life is an error. (Nietzsche)
Bass Culture: http://podcast.upsetter.net
Eternal Thunder: http://www.upsetter.net/scratch
Mick Sleeper

Postby juniorsound » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:11 am

you raw too sleeper though just saying big up yourself
juniorsound

Postby Mick Sleeper » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:17 am

I will leave it to other people to big me up - I'm too busy making more podcasts! :wink:
Without music, life is an error. (Nietzsche)
Bass Culture: http://podcast.upsetter.net
Eternal Thunder: http://www.upsetter.net/scratch
Mick Sleeper

Postby Roots Encounter » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:52 am

I am not very long around here, but Neeko is very good indeed. However BMC is worth mentioning too.

BIG UP FOR ALL MIXERS \o/
Roots Encounter

Re: neeko: worlds best podcaster?!?

Postby warriorsteppas » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:05 am

juniorsound wrote:i think so. i listen to nonstop podcasts, online mixes and online radio to while away the work day, 6 or 7 hours a day, then on the ride home too. i am saying in terms of music i like, style, consistency, vibe, its all killer no filler. a few so good it turned the ears of some gal them in this direction and its on! no disrespect to any other online podcasts, buts that rise up'd to some next level business. people sparking lighter as i cruise the street, thats real...

second place goes to the missionary efforts of jayman and andrew, perfect to blend into to neeko's genius.

I have to agreed with you on this! He is definately the best podcaster!!!!except I don't totally agree all the tunes are killer's all the way. Some fillers but not to many fillers just a few I reckon purposely added to stop ini skank it out in my seat! My favourite mix's have to be the ones with tunes digi tunes from the 80s and early 90's are the best! 2000 was okay but personally speaking no match comapred to the 80s and early 90s.

I think I'm going to make my own mix as a tribute to RISE UP CREW! BLESS!
myspace.com/warriorsteppa
myspace.com/tidnrecords
warriorsteppas

Postby juniorsound » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:36 pm

ya, its hard to take killer pon killer chune with no space to cactch even a breath, but i rarely see i point in the mix, never i guess and its rare where i almost bristle at a killer tune followed up by something that just punctures the vibe. it should be seamless, and that startrail ting, i dont know of a more satisfying mix and thats testament to producer and selector (in many ways that mix is like some black permaculture manifesto) of progressive garveyism and after repeated listens my appreciation deepens. i got say that J.R. productions was hitting it too in the car today. i like too when that voice comes in to pull up a tune (its not too often as can be annoying but when it comes in its just perfect.) nuff said i guess, but give thanks too all podcasters. BMC is top ranking for sure and so diverse. neeko seems diverse but there is are core sounds and tones to the selections. the 2000 one is large too though, i am jsut getting into to it, some of the real gems come in mid way but the consistency of the production of the tunes is evident throughout and i love mungo's too.

that one site, onesoundUK i think has some mixes (a bit more theatrical with effects and snippets of fiilms even) everything from bashment to dubstep to digital to steppers and the ones that are good are real good...
juniorsound

Postby BMC » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:29 pm

Thanks for mentioning me, Roots Encounter and juniorsound. Appreciate it and nice to read people rate the effort! It's so much fun to do and even more so when people dig the results.

And yeah, Neeko's mixes are always top quality stuff, no doubt! Big up.
BMC

Postby warriorsteppas » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:31 am

Greetings,

My tribute to Rise Up Crew has been done and ready to download!

The way i've done it is done the tracks indivdually as I have limited software, I tried my best to not pick any tunes that Rise Up Crew have already used so apologises if they are any tunes the same from rise up crew.

The tunes are in no particular order I was in a rush to finalise the mix as it is time consuming!

ENJOY!!!!:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7ZPAJF2U

Feedback on what you lot think of this mix would be greatly appreciated.
myspace.com/warriorsteppa
myspace.com/tidnrecords
warriorsteppas

Postby Rise Up Crew » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:57 am

Tuff selections ! Some real hardcore Gregory Isaacs... Give thx for the mix
Rise Up Crew

Postby Roots Encounter » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:20 am

Now we are talking about mix, what equipment do you both (BMC Neeko) use. Do you both use a pc, and if so what software are you using.

I am really curious :)
Roots Encounter

Postby groundy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:19 pm

i am also curious. the quality is crisp.
groundy

Next

Return to Audio, Video & Mixes