DEAR BLOOD & FIRE CREW

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Postby prajna » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:16 am

dom's suggestion seems similar to the "tree of satta" project - a set i like alot. i realise that there were ja artists involved with that project, but perhaps dom is using info gleaned on that project as the basis for his comments on "ba ba boom" set? if so, isn't he fairly well placed to make the comments he has, as compared with statements about "mercy recordings"??
prajna

Postby dom » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:32 am

well glad lot's of you agree it's a good idea, it would need careful thought as to what label we put it on, (rap & reggae releases) maybe a new baf imprint would be the thing, this has been talked about since day 1.

there's heaps of artists old & new that are under recorded / under exposed in ja, UK & the us. pliers, pinchers, papa san, scion cuccess, sanchez, frankie paul, natty king, fire bobo, sandeeno, leeba hibert, prince malachi, ambelique, etc etc.

I'd love to record & release steele pulse & misty in roots new material too.

as I would with with wailing souls, culture, johnny clarke, freddie mcgregor etc etc.
dom

Postby His_Imperial_Measurements » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:12 pm

Dom,

That's fine and I wish you well with it, but it there's money for this project how come there's none available for the late 70's reissues. If there's no money available how do you propose to fund this new venture?

Frankie Paul under recorded/under exposed? I thought he'd released more albums than anyone else and that his problem was too much exposure and mediocre material.

Inchpinchers
Chicken Merry - Hawk Deh Near!
His_Imperial_Measurements

Postby Chocolate Soldier » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:04 pm

Who is he that is HIM?
Judging by the comments, HIM <must> be someone from the record business hanging out here incognito style :)
Maybe we've all met before under other guises...;)
BTW - I didn't notice Dom specifically mention there was cash for these other projects - I get the idea they are ideas..? For sure it'd take some wonga to get it all happening..BTW I hear a consortium from N Ireland is looking to invest some $, apparently they have lots of cash on hand they can't unload ..
Dub it!
CS
Chocolate Soldier

Postby dom » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:03 pm

as choco says they are IDEAS.

just a thought for when we do have spare cash..

I'm not saying it's defo yet!

the reissues are coming don't worry, and they are they are very very good, Steve has come up trumps, and you'll alll like them!

We're just trying to secure some cash and we'll be off, by the summer (hopefully) there'll be some killer new blood and fire REISSUES of classic 1970's roots

(* 1 possible release is unreleased 70's roots from one of the masters of the genre*)
dom

Postby Moses » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:06 pm

dom wrote:the reissues are coming don't worry, and they are they are very very good, Steve has come up trumps, and you'll alll like them!

We're just trying to secure some cash and we'll be off, by the summer (hopefully) there'll be some killer new blood and fire REISSUES of classic 1970's roots

(* 1 possible release is unreleased 70's roots from one of the masters of the genre*)

Cool Dom.

We'll be there to support you and purchase 'em.
Moses

Postby Chocolate Soldier » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:25 pm

Sounds tantalizing!
Good luck with 'em..
What other UK music people with cash to spare might want to fund some BAF releases of vintage goodness?
Cheers,
CS
Chocolate Soldier

Previous

Return to General discussion