*New* KEITH POPPIN 45rpm at Ernie B's

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

*New* KEITH POPPIN 45rpm at Ernie B's

Postby Semi-Decent » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:21 am

Semi-Disclaimer :wink: Not financially tied to the following endorsement, really just trying to help spread the word.

Here's what's new:
Veteran Reggae singer Keith Poppin has just released a brand new, self-produced 7” 45rpm called When We Gonna Learn (KP Productions label).

Imo, it’s a real fresh ‘reggae’ sounding 45 with (timely) conscious lyrics and a bubbly version side on the flip. As a Reggae fan, I dig it.

Ernie B has just got it in stock. For those interested, I be happy to send anyone a 40-second sample of the song - I've set it up to download VERY quickly.

Just in case you’re not familiar with Poppin’s involvement in the world of Reggae…here’s a very brief take at it:

Poppin started his recording career (1969) as the lead singer of the group Rocking Horse (“Hard Times” "Righteous Man” & “Change Your Ways”) but he is probably best known as a solo artist.

Solo efforts like “Envious”, “Samething For Breakfast”, “Who Are You”, “Get Together” and “Some A Dem Ago Shame” were big hits for Poppins in the mid 70's, each selling quite well (avg. 30,000 copies) in both Jamaica and the UK. Keith also has 3 LPs to his name. Although he never gave up doing stage shows, studio work took more of a back seat when Keith became a busy family man.

But in 2002 Poppins made a strong musical come back with his first self-produced CD called JOURNEYS”. Heartfelt tunes like “Mr. Richman”, “My Blood Runs Cold” “Children Are Dying” & “Make Hay” proved that Keith still has a great voice, loads of conscious lyrics and an ear for Reggae riddims.

If you’d like to know more about Keith Poppin please visit his website:

http://www.keithpoppin.com

Roots Knotty Roots kindly supplied the discography, + there's a cool photo of Keith and Luciano.

Thanks
Semi-Decent

Return to General discussion