wayne jarrett - me & you / wackies(is this a cover versi

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

wayne jarrett - me & you / wackies(is this a cover versi

Postby ephteeay » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:58 am

"me and you against the world" (mini showcase) i heard this yesterday.. i dont know if ive heard this tune before or a version of this... and it reminded me of something.. is this a cover of something non reggae? a cover of reggaE? has this been recut reggae style and i mightve heard the newer cut? its killing me.

(great tune imo)
ephteeay

Postby BMC » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:07 am

Whatever the origin, that's a BIG tune! Love it.
BMC

Postby ephteeay » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:19 am

or is it called you and i or you and me.. i forgot... google says....

"you and i" okay.. thats why i was singing it to myself and it sounded wrong.
ephteeay

Postby Dubac » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:22 am

Check out the basslines on Keith & Tex's 'Tonight' and Bob Andy's 'Unchained'. Can't do so myself from here, but I think one of those might be what's familiar here.
Dubac

Postby ephteeay » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:36 am

or dennis browns easy take it easy :twisted:

actually i recognised the lyric from somewhere.. maybe i just heard the same tune a few yrs ago! but i'll listen to the bassline see if that comes from somewhere too!
ephteeay

Postby Dubac » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:35 pm

ephteeay wrote:or dennis browns easy take it easy :twisted:

I got a wicked 10" (B-side) recently by Dub Syndicate called 'Can't Take It Easy' that I recognised as Gregory Isaac's 'Babylon Too Rough'. Sounds like the Dennis track is the same rhythm too - any idea where I might find it (on vinyl if possible). Ta.
Dubac

Postby ephteeay » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:37 pm

lol.. i guess you missed the conversation about this a few days ago..
try

www.selectors-choice.de

they used to have the dennis brown on studio 1 7"
ephteeay

Postby Pluto » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:22 pm

Dubac wrote:I got a wicked 10" (B-side) recently by Dub Syndicate called 'Can't Take It Easy' that I recognised as Gregory Isaac's 'Babylon Too Rough'. Sounds like the Dennis track is the same rhythm too - any idea where I might find it (on vinyl if possible). Ta.

This was released in 1993 on 10":

A: 93 Struggle
B: Can't Take It Easy

The A-side is a re-make of Prince Far I's "83 Struggle". The b-side is the killer with Bim Sherman on lead & Skip McDonald on backing vocals over a heavy Style Scott/Flabba Holt rhythm track plus a young Talvin Singh on tablas.

The 10-inch was a limited pressing though, so you could most probably find it here:

Various Artists - 'On U Sound Disco Plates Collection Part 2'. This is a CD only release (from 2000) which I believe that it must have been deleted as well.

It's also to be found in an edited version (without the excellent extended dub) on the Bim Sherman compilation "The Need To Live" which collected Bim Sherman rareties & outtakes from the On-U Sound catalogue:

Pluto

Postby Pluto » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:24 pm

Oops, just realized that you were asking about the Dennis Brown original :?: :oops: . I think this is in one of his Studio One albums ("No Man Is An Island" :?: ), but I'm not sure...
Pluto

Postby Pluto » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:32 pm

Also just realised that ephteeay had also answered that question as well... plus I hijacked this thread from his original question... :roll: :oops:
Pluto

Postby zonard » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:19 pm

Pluto wrote:Oops, just realized that you were asking about the Dennis Brown original :?: :oops: . I think this is in one of his Studio One albums ("No Man Is An Island" :?: ), but I'm not sure...

This essential cut is not on the No Man Is An Island Album (there is a close title "make it easy on yourself" but no similarity), neither on the "If I Follow My Heart".
I believe that's just a Studio One 7" (recently repressed but already hard to find !)
zonard

Return to General discussion