A funny thing happened with my reggae music store delivery

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

A funny thing happened with my reggae music store delivery

Postby Chocolate Soldier » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:30 pm

Just got a copy of Disciples LP 'For those who Understand' in from ReggaeMusicStore and placed in on the turntable, during the playback I got called away for a while, in the meantime my wife, unbeknownst to me, placed a Shaka / Mad Professor LP on 'Jah Shaka meets Mad Prof at Ariwa' ..
So anyway, I'm dealing with some other stuff, listening to the choonz and thinking all the while ..man this sounds just like a Shaka session, amazing how Russ D nails the Shaka vibe on this record, Shaka must have played those tunes lots..etc etc..
:) !
That was kind of amusing..
But all the same it could have been the case 4 real seeing as Disciples / BYM supplied many a Shaka session tune..respect to the man Russ D.

BTW - the new Jah Warrior / Mykal Rose prod. on the Drifter riddim is killa, one of the better modern cuts MR has done I think..nice reworking of the riddim too

Its cool MR is linking up with more UK /Europe vibe producers - IMO I think this works better for his style (doom laden) than the new JA prods..
Chocolate Soldier

Postby Ringo » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:04 pm

Thanks for reminding me Chocco, nearly forgot to order the Drifter cuts from Steve.
BTW have you got the Shaka/Mad Prof collaboration "New Decade Of Dub" from 1996? Great LP of bin shaking steppers, definitely one of my favourite long players from either of them.
Ringo

Return to General discussion