wheres ernie?

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

wheres ernie?

Postby gryffe » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:47 pm

i ordered some cds from ernie b- they were shipped on 21st december and i still dont have them. in my experience with ernie they normally arrive within 2,3 days max. i know its been xmas recently but i still thought i should have items by now. whats ernies policy on stuff that goes "missing"?
gryffe

Postby Ital Dokta » Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:25 am

I just made an order Dec. 13 and it arrived a day or two before Christmas, so a little over a week just to travel due north from Cali to Canada. With the loss of shipping days over the holidays and general postal congestion, I'd give it a few more days before worrying.
Ital Dokta

Postby Dubac » Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:47 am

As soon as Fedex have picked up your parcel, Ernie will send you an e-mail confirming that the goods have been shipped. The e-mail will contain a Fedex number and a link to their website, through which you can trace your package on its route from California through Memphis and to Stansted Airport.

I placed an order on 27 December and it arrived here (in the UK) on 29 December. So if you gave Ernie your e-mail address with your order before Christmas and you haven't got a response from him yet, then something has gone wrong.

Regards

Dubac
Dubac

Postby gryffe » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:25 am

dubac - you were right something has gone wrong. got an apologetic email from ernie saying goods were sent via usps rather than fedex. could take weeks yet to arrive i guess. ernie has kindly refunded the 30 dollars shipping, but i reckon i will have to pay tax when my box arrives.
this happened to anyone else?
gryffe

Postby Pluto » Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:03 pm

I also had a few problems with Ernie B's last order. It seems that it came to Athens, Greece without taxes & customs having been paid (FedEx tracking showed that the parcel came here through France and not UK), so I had to make quite a few calls to the airport to see what to do. Finally, they contacted Ernie B's and charged him all the costs and I didn't have to drive to the airport as long as I could fax them an authorization form to make the custom clearing themselves on behalf of me. So, the package finally arrived in my place yesterday. It was still rather quick though (3 days to get to Greece and another 3 days in the airport).
Pluto

Return to General discussion