U Roy, Diamonds : Have Mercy (Natty Rebel LP)

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

U Roy, Diamonds : Have Mercy (Natty Rebel LP)

Postby Nicholas » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:51 pm

This cut on U Roy's album is different from the Diamonds' original cut. Is there other versions (i think there are) of that second "rockers style" cut and where ?

Thanks
Nicholas
Nicholas

Postby jb welda » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:04 pm

hmm not sure if its on it but there was a cd called "final judgement" with some different versions of diamonds songs on it...i forget who the artist was (it was basically a compilation) but it might have been jah thomas. what i mean is that while the artist of the cd was listed as jah thomas(?) it contained songs by mighty diamonds, dj tracks by jah thomas, and tracks by other artists as well

hmm just looked it up at ernies and its actually jah lloyd and the diamonds track is shame and pride. so no cigar here. at any rate its a pretty good album regardless, with six versions of shame and pride.

u roy might have used an outtake of have mercy for his dj do over?

one love
jah bill
jb welda

Postby Jackie Pablo » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:15 pm

Don't miss the Revolutionaries 'Merciful Dub' on the LP 'Vital Dub - Strictly Rockers' (Well Charge)

A couple of pre-rockers style well worth checking - the original Studio 1 cut 'Baby Why' from The Cables, and Prince Jazzbo's 'Night Owl Version', also on Studio 1.
Jackie Pablo

Return to General discussion