Rodigan At Mass

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Rodigan At Mass

Postby Anonymous » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:23 pm

Made my Mass debut last night and thoroughly enjoyed the Xmas party with Daddy Ernie, Coppa Face, RS Digital and Roddy himself. Lots of DBrown, listenable Sizzla, Buju and Capleton, a surprisingly good Junior Gong and a few tasty specials - a slowed down, almost acoustic, Here I Come, the old Rodigan jingle to Hard Time Pressure, Johnny Clarke's Declaration Of Rights amoungst others. Not a bad set in there either.

Busy crowd-wise, failed to spot any Baffers but took a flyer from Bunny Lee (HUGE shoulders!) and spotted a few other familiar faces.

Alison's warning about the bar prices was well met - £5.50 for a bottle of Guinness and a water was at the hilarious end of the bar rip-off spectrum.
Fun, nonetheless & a good night out that runs every week.

MSE
Anonymous

Postby Sis. Ali » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:44 pm

Yeah MSE.

Its a good weekly session...nice Vibes and crowd.
Hear you on the bar prices...major rip off innit :shock:

My only beef, was I went a few weeks in a row the last month or so and found the guest selectors a bit lazy in their selctions....started to get very repetitive, and I'm not talking about current tunes...you expect to hear the big tunes of the moment getting their play....I'm talking about the classics they draw...If I heard Jah Cure's "Western Region" one more week :P

Love ya !
Sis. Ali

Return to General discussion