Maybe its because im a Dubliner…

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Postby dots69 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:44 pm

…that I love London Town ! just back from another eventful weekend in the big smog. Sadly I arrived late Friday which meant skippin ‘Tighten Up’ which was a shame. Still, left me with a clear head Saturday to journey Westend - wife needed shoppin and I needed the Bitty McLean LP - the last copy of which I purchased in Reckless on Berwick Street. Round the bend and a stop off at Sounds of the Universe where I reluctantly paid their £3 each (cheeky ?) for a couple of big tune 45 wants ‘Taller than King Kong’ EEK A MOUSE ‘Bam Bam’ TIGER ‘Lend me the 16’ JOHNNY OSBOURNE ‘Car Pound Drifter’ BONGO HERMAN etc etc. A belly full of grub lata I was on route to ‘Set The Tone’ @ The Social in Little Portland Street, wow this club took me waaaaaaay back ! granted the soundtrack might as well have been lifted directly from the ‘Tighten Up Vols 1&2’ LPs but the sight of 40+ year old skinheads skanking was a pleasant blast from the past. The elderly selector had a strange format : played ‘Wreck a Pum Pum’ then ‘Engine 54’ and then returned to ‘Wreck a Buddy’ ??? but hey it was all good and I probably didn’t help with drunken calls for him to ‘puuuuuuuuuuuuull up’ with each new tune !!! Top night still. Caught up with relatives next day and a quick stop off at Dub Vendor Clapham Jctn yesterday where the ever obliging Eddie Oxman sorted me out, once again with a number of gaps that need filling in the collection ‘Prophecy’ FREDDIE MCGREGOR ‘Earth a Run Red’ RICHIE SPICE. The ‘Promised Land’ cuts on Heartical, a few more ‘Nine Elevens’ and finally the JR GONG ‘Welcome to Jamrock’ 45. Considering I had no plans to purchase records this weekend (OJ36 order on route as I type) I came home a happy camper ! Trade of the weekend : Rosko ‘Al Capone’ (Trojan 45 with picture sleeve) for a copy of ‘The Undertaker’ LP by The Crystalites…I got the latter ! happy days..

respect
Dots

PS : big up all London massive, like Dublin it’s a wonderful place to visit - I just would’nt live deh :wink:
dots69

Postby Anonymous » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:55 pm

Dubliner:

Berliner:

Anonymous

Return to General discussion