another question for Dave Hendley

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

another question for Dave Hendley

Postby sid » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:47 pm

Hi Dave am i right in thinking you owned & ran the Sufferers Heights label back in the late 70's if so is there any chance of any of the 12 inches released on the label being reissued on vinyl.
cheers
sid
sid

Postby ephteeay » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:58 pm

you are right.. and i wish it would happen.. and the good thing is that dh also likes original tracklisting/label/cover etc in case it does ever happen.
ephteeay

Postby Dave Hendley » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:44 pm

Hi Sid - it will never happen - basically because Sufferer's Heights insisted on contracts that only licensed tracks for 5 years. I realised back then that artist's shouldn't sign their rights away forever - so everything would have to be re-licensed from the music's rightful owners. I certainly would not want it to have been any other way.
I have though about starting the label up again, picking up where it left off in late '79......but then reality kicks in & I realise that the past is sometimes best left alone - all the best, Dave
Dave Hendley

Postby sid » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:10 pm

thanks for the reply Dave it's a shame that they will never be reissued looks like i will have to continue searching e-bay, second hand shops etc for the originals, oh well i suppose that's part of the fun of record collecting :)
sid

Postby jb welda » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:39 pm

i had pretty much all of these 12"s but have recently sold them. i think i have a couple more so email me if youre interested and able to pay ebay type prices. i will have to check...i may have moved them all by now.

wjust@dgweb.com

one love
jah bill
jb welda

Return to General discussion