Best Of 2004 - the singles

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Postby MickH » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:57 pm

Surprised that no one mentioned:

Prince Malachi/Run away slave/ Stingray
Queen Omega/ Deliver me/ Charm

Along with some other tunes mentioned above in what overall was a disapponiting year
MickH
MickH

Postby BMC » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:17 pm

MickH wrote:
Along with some other tunes mentioned above in what overall was a disapponiting year

Have to disagree with you there, MickH. There were many big riddims this year, both roots and bashment. There was quite a lot of crap too, but that's normal. If 2005 deliveres as much big tunes as 2004 did, I'm satisfied for sure.

Nice lists Dots and Tim! I'll post up a list later of the tunes I would pick for 2004's finest, without the restrictions I had for the above compilation (though quite some of the tunes will end up on the list anyway).
BMC

Postby dots69 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:24 pm

BMC : dont mind MickH he spent the year studying books not tune so hes bound to say that !!!

:lol:

respect
Dots
worries outernational dublin
dots69

Postby KING RATHID » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:35 pm

Nuff big tune in 2004! Was a bit dissapointed with the bashment towards the end of the year cos it's alll starting to sound like a theme from a cartoon programme.....................Bought a lot more roots this year than any other not to mention picking up some gems.........................I know ya jealous dots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHOULD I HAVE FAITH IN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Worries Outanational - Dublin
KING RATHID

Postby dots69 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:45 pm

cha King mi have dat on original 1979 Laser Records 12" ha !

memba Freddie 'Wine of Violence' on 'Waiting on Vain' ??? OH GOSH !!!

:wink:

respects
Dots
worries outernational dublin
dots69

Postby KING RATHID » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:54 pm

Like mi signature sez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mi nuh draw nuh big 12 dinner plate record! Original 45 mi ah deal wit!

He he he :lol:

Yeah man the freddy tune tuff!
Worries Outanational - Dublin
KING RATHID

Postby BMC » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:03 pm

After checking all the bashment singles I bought this year, for me there's no contest about the nr. 1 and 2 wickedest bashment riddims of the year:

1) Stepz (Renaissance)

Especially the Assassin, Capleton, TOK, Zumjay, Elephant Man (2x) and Spragga Benz (followed by the Stepz remake on Don Corleon for Vybz Kartel's response to this Spragga: Faggot Correction).

2) Rah Rah (Massive B)

Elephant Man, Bounty Killer, Choppa Chop, TOK, Burro Banton and Sizzla are all great cuts!

Very nice too were amongst others Simone (Broadyard), Kasablanca (Slam), Summer Bounce (Annex) and Scoobay (357). Neither of these, unlike the first two, can compete with the imo first 10-15 best roots riddims of the year though.
BMC

Previous

Return to General discussion