Brother Culture arrested in Mexico

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Brother Culture arrested in Mexico

Postby capullo » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:46 pm

what has happened?

Mc Brother Culture was arrested while shooting a music video on Thursday 13th September, in Mexico. There is currently NO CHARGE but the location of the video was not the most savoury of locations. The police raided and arrested him, with 8 others. His passport and all legal documents were taken and he has been detained in a cell. So far his friends have funded everything. His promoter has been amazing, as have the British Embassy. We have an amazing lawyer and translator and thousands have already been spent. The list goes on.... CULTURE NOW NEEDS HELP FINANCIALLY to set him FREE. If you can do anything to help Culture will return your generosity in abundance, lets get him home

https://www.gofundme.com/freebrotherculture
capullo

Re: Brother Culture arrested in Mexico

Postby jb welda » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:00 pm

you gotta watch yourself in Mexico. I have had big problems there myself a time or two. Usually they just want some money and then let you go.

So what was the brother doing down there to get himself arrested and thrown in the clink? Simply filming a video usually is not a crime. Were they in a crack house or a known gang house or something? What exactly is he charged with and what exactly led up to those charges?

Would like to help but would want to know a little more. Also let him or his rep know, its much easier to give if they take paypal.

best of luck to the brother, they can really get you going there when they smell money

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby johnnyB » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:00 pm

As far as I know the Brother has been released and on his way home.
...who feels it knows it...
johnnyB

Postby KING NEWBIE » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:32 pm

police is the most corrupt in all south america
KING NEWBIE

Postby capullo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:20 pm

update on nick manasseh's FB site

Nick & MC Brother Culture at One Love Festival 2018

This was the last time Nick saw Brother Culture before Brother Culture went to Mexico, where he was caught up in a raid whilst shooting a music video. He's since been acquitted of involvement in the original offence that caused the raid, though it's an ongoing investigation and Culture is now being held by the immigration authorities, at the Chiconautla jail in The State of Mexico, 2hrs from Mexico City. It is one of the toughest and most DANGEROUS in Mexico, therefore in the world.
30/09 Nick writes from Mexico City:
"I'm going to the jail today to try to see Culture. There's a possibility that I won't be able to, because Culture's in a kind of legal limbo as to why & how he's still being held. The state of Mexico is a different state and jurisdiction from Mexico City - this is a complicating factor, and one which creates more expense and a lot more bureaucracy.

We hope that tomorrow (Monday) he'll be moved to the immigration authorities detention centre here in Mexico City. It's much easier going there & our friends here will be able to visit him easily and give him what he needs.

It's likely to take a while for the lawyers & the British Embassy to sort out Culture's legal status in Mexico, as his passport was lost during the police raid. However we now have his passport details and 'immigration papers'. These are positive developments...

We have a top law firm in Mexico City working very hard on his case, & understandably, they are not the cheapest. It's impossible to say how long it will take to clear the case & before Culture is home again. The absolute maximum is 6 months, but hopefully it'll be about a month. It's also possible that he'll be released on bail & have to sign-in regularly. This would bring its own problems with money & avoiding trouble.

I know many people reading this will have already given money to the Go Fund Me campaign set up by Culture's wife AllieKay. I am also running this fund & am a TRUSTEE. We will account in detail for what has been & is spent. Much of the funds raised have already been used & the expense is likely to continue to rise. It was a difficult decision as to whether to spend money on me coming out here, effectively decided by Culture, in much need of moral support, and by our lawyer. It's going to be much easier to help organise things here on the ground.

WE DO NEED MORE MONEY.. IT IS URGENT.
This could have happened to ANY of us in the reggae scene, or in any of the other underground music scenes. We're all extremely grateful for anything you can give - IF any money is leftover that wasn't needed, it will be returned.

If I can see him today I WILL report back. We do know that he is extremely distressed and wants very much to see me. Hopefully this will happen.

Go Fund Me campaign - https://www.gofundme.com/freebrotherculture

Fundraiser event - Sat 6 Oct
https://www.facebook.com/events/498379930574329/
capullo

Postby marty » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:42 pm

How surprising lol
marty

Return to General discussion