R I P Wesley Tinglin

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

R I P Wesley Tinglin

Postby rasadam » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:35 pm

9/18/18
Dennis Alcapone wrote: ·

R I P Wesley Tinglin of the Viceroys who passed away not long ago. I get to understand that He was boarding a plane in Montego Bay for Europe when He felt unwell. They took Him to the Hospital only to find out that He Had the Big C. Apparently it had spread to a dangerous Level. The Viceroy did a tune that I used to use and mash up the Dance in Jamaica back in the Days call Yaho Yaho. Condolences to His Family and Friends. Gone but never will be Forgotten. Travel Good Bredren.
rasadam

Re: R I P Wesley Tinglin

Postby rasadam » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:39 pm

rasadam

Postby rasadam » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:14 pm

rasadam

Postby rasadam » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:25 pm

Norris Reid wrote:

"The Viceroys" June 2018 Our last show together...My brethren, Jah united us for the last time at Music Box, in San Diego. It's been over 30 years since we seen each other, but the vibe was just the same! Rest in Zion, you're at peace now brethren...Bless!
rasadam

Postby lankou » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:42 pm

Once had the pleasure to meet Mr Tinglin. He turned out to be a very humble and pleasant man - one who fortunately had enough perspicacity to retain a day job besides his musical activities. Unlike some other veterans, he clearly wasn't bitter about the way the Viceroys had been ripped off left right and center all through their career - well,until the early 2000's, at least .
One of his finest anecdotes was when he admitted he had been fully unaware that some albums by his group had been released in the UK until an expat mate of his brought back in JA an old issue of some well-known British music paper several years later. This seems so odd in these days of internet!
lankou

Return to General discussion