FAO: Moderator

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

FAO: Moderator

Postby Novice » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:50 pm

Is there a reason my posts are being removed with no notice or reason for their removal??

I responded in the board closure post to someone saying "no one gets out alive" with "that shouldn't be a problem for the walking dead who grace us with their spiritual posts."

I'm not sure why this is a problem and was removed...there are very few posts on this board, it's like a ghost town, hence my metaphor to illustrate my point. Why was this post removed??

-Me-
Novice

Re: FAO: Moderator

Postby Ranking Glasses » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:33 am

Ranking Glasses

Postby Peacemakeya » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:46 pm

Big Up to the Baffer Forum's mode-rator for mode-ulating the attempted 'monkey business' with equanimity & humour. Hope our Moderator will stay on for the next stage of the Forum.

novice say:

... for the walking dead who grace us with their spiritual posts.

Whahh?? Griping bout the 'Spirituality' expressed in a reggae forum don't make sense. Most of the reggae pioneers started their musical education in church choirs and, it is IMO accurate to say; the foundation of reggae come from a profoundly spiritual FQ.

Sure, we mortals of this realm gunna have differing viewpoints as we stare thru the cloudy lens, but it ain't about judging another's spiritual way. For example, Yabby You called Bob Marley (and others) to attention about some of their excesses but thankfully Bob sight up & agree on his mortal death bed - regardless the Marley estate only acknowledge in small part.

It's been recently said a few times, in the reasonings about the Forum evolving to the next stage, that we should have a section for
Les Enfant Terribles to have their say without censorship. Sounds good to mi as long as long as it doesn't stray too far into the Ugly zone.

Monkey Man - Toots
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wf0yKzpGAY&frags=pl%2Cwn

"God don't like ugly" - Richard Prior
Peacemakeya

Postby Novice » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:29 pm

"Most of the reggae pioneers started their musical education in church choirs and, it is IMO accurate to say; the foundation of reggae come from a profoundly spiritual FQ."

That's a great fantasy you have about the MUSIC INDUSTRY, I'm sure your opinion about it is an unmovable feast that no amount of evidence will dislodge from the bowels of your idealized view of reggae's profound spirituality. Gimme a break!

Are you really that dense, what you got from what I wrote was that I was "griping about spirituality"?????

We'll see if the terrible infant gets his own playroom and then you'll see just what topics and conversations get the most views, which are anonymous of course, so everyone can pretend in public what it is they really want to read and see only to be dis-proven by the inconvenience of evidence. The child you are referring to seems to have a steady audience so instead of talking sh*t about what you don't like why don't you address all the nameless people who keep coming back and back and back to keep reading.

Now say something unrelated to what I just wrote because it doesn't fit your reality and people without a leg to stand on rarely address straight up what someone is saying. It's too bad they don't track ISP's proper to see who's clicking on what and make them public because then you'd actually have to not read my posts instead of pretending like they're a nuisance.

-Me-
Novice

Postby jb welda » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:40 pm

If it isn't terribly obvious already, none of this is helping the current situation. Its only convincing people that the only purpose for this forum is to bicker and go on about nonsense. I do not think that is the example we should be putting forth when it comes time to pony up the dunza for support. Please keep that in mind. I am also not in favor of a "free for all" zone. Take that crap to faceplant or other "social media", please.

one love
jb
jb welda

Postby Novice » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:43 pm

I just looked at your clip Ranks, sorry mate didn't realize they were puppets at first what with the stick up their nickers disposition the English have...strike that typos meant to read "stiff upper lip."

Cheers, what an ironic salutation for a bunch a humorless gents.

-Me-
Novice

Postby Novice » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:49 pm

JB, unless you know something I don't, behavior was not brought up as an issue, money was and if it's to be a private club they should just make it a pay-membership board and that will make everyone happen and they wouldn't have to worry about a free for all caused by a Little Row blown out of proportion...I'm all for a free for all incidentally https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxWqlvKwTVQ

-Me-
Last edited by Novice on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Novice

Postby Novice » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:56 pm

Novice

Postby Ranking Glasses » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:41 pm

Novice wrote:I just looked at your clip Ranks, sorry mate didn't realize they were puppets at first what with the stick up their nickers disposition the English have...strike that typos meant to read "stiff upper lip."

Cheers, what an ironic salutation for a bunch a humorless gents.

-Me-

I grew up watching that, explains a lot!
Ranking Glasses

Postby B&F Moderator » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:29 am

Hi Mehmet, sent you a PM few days ago, please read it.
B&F Moderator

Postby B&F Moderator » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:40 am

Peacemakeya wrote:Big Up to the Baffer Forum's mode-rator for mode-ulating the attempted 'monkey business' with equanimity & humour. Hope our Moderator will stay on for the next stage of the Forum.

Thanks Peacemakeya, happy to note that during my 8 years as moderator i very rarely had to remove a post.
B&F Moderator

Postby Dread Archive » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:21 am

What a sad state of affairs when threads turn into polite crap directed by someone who has very little knowledge about reggae. You can quote me to waste time for some clever insult, but it is so sad that a FaceBook brain has got involved with reggae. Now Cut The Crap ............B. I thought Novice sounds like Donald Duck Trump in his dodgy views.
Dread Archive

Postby Novice » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:22 am

What an even sadder state of affairs that you are commenting on it on a thread FOR THE ATTENTION of someone else, proving my point yet again that talk of reggae all day everyday is boring.

You know nothing about my knowledge of reggae let alone the fact that reggae knowledge is not a prerequisite to enjoy reggae or get "involved" in it, whatever the hell that's supposed to mean. You are aware that most Jamaicans, who listened to reggae before you even knew it existed, don't know a FRACTION of the knowledge the geeks around the world who obsess over it seem to hold as some sort of badge of honor. You can collect all the knowledge you want, it won't change the fact that you have and had nothing to do with it and your appreciation of it is no better because of it though I'm sure it serves as a healthy compensation in your mind Mr. Dread Archive. Ever seen a Jamaican archive?? It's dustier than your antiquated perspective of what and how a person involved in reggae is supposed to behave.

You seem occupied with my clever insults, that's sad but not surprising that a "clever insult" is all you got from my transactions considering the elitist, caste system of a view you have of reggae fans...so people seeming to put one people down and do it with authority(cleverly) would be something that would pique the interest of a someone so clearly subordinate to arbitrary hierarchies. I wasn't insulting anyone, I was speaking what I felt and believed about the behavior of whatever it was I posted about with honesty. I was only mistaken in my belief that adults knew how to handle it, and will continue to be because I refuse to not give people the benefit of the doubt....I'm sorry that last sentence will require you to get a Rosetta Stone manual as it is clearly a language you do not speak.

Have you even listened to single dodgy view of Donald Trumps because if you had you would realize that if anyone sounds like him, and I mean uncannily, it is you, with this doozy of a post.

Allow me to educate you with my knowledge of reggae....Reggae music is the greatest musical form since classical music was on the scene. Though it is by no means even in the ballpark of classical music as far as musicality, composition, etc etc it is none the less a form that has a pathological compulsion to not allow anything get in the way of how it chooses to express itself both musically and lyrically. And by no other means than by the virtue of it's very nature allows for a circumstance among it's fans that is not only all inclusive but outright makes fools of those who try to claim any exclusivity to it's history, knowledge and anecdotal past. A story about some part or another of reggae music can be held as gospel for decades only to be shown incomplete or outright incorrect with a little "no one" coming forth with information that sheds new light on a mystery so elusive that the very fact that it was a mystery was unknown. It is also one of the only forms of music where the novice may and can have information or knowledge that a lifelong devotee and journalist on the very topic of reggae for over 50 years was absolutely ignorant of...and that novice can introduce the veteran to tunes they were previously unaware of.

Reggae does not discriminate who it chooses to grace the ears of. It's unfortunate that with all the knowledge in your Dread Archive you have not learned this cardinal rule. You are right, I do direct the threads in which I post and keep claiming that people seem just as interested, if not more so, in my threads as they do the other more "on topic" ones not because I am very clever or for any other specific reason except that I adhere to the seemingly fundamental tenets of reggae music.

Clever enough for you, mi bredred?

-Me-
Novice

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:14 am

Huh?

Dread Archive is alright man.

Even JB can't be that bad because he likes Bunny Wailer when many don't appreciate his talents.
Ranking Glasses

Postby Dread Archive » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:30 am

Novice really has a Donald Duck Trump [DDT] view on everyone apart from himself is an idiot.
Dread Archive

Next

Return to General discussion