The Congos * Pura Vida - Morning Star (2018)

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

The Congos * Pura Vida - Morning Star (2018)

Postby Donovan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:19 am

Anybody else pick up the new Congos LP, Morning Star? Wow, what a great album. Great songs, organic musicianship, and production that is a loving homage to the Black Ark era. No stiff robo-roots on this gem! Halfway through 2018 and we have a front-runner for best new album.
"Touch them magically with the rod of melody, We will never let them go" Roy Shirley, Touch Them
Donovan

Re: The Congos * Pura Vida - Morning Star (2018)

Postby Ras Samuel » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:44 pm

A very enjoyable album indeed.
I silently wish for a full Cedric Myton album coming out of the Last Ark Studio.
Ras Samuel

Postby Donovan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:29 am

On Morning Star, Jahrusalem is a track I really love. I'd love to hear Watty do some more work at Lost Ark.

Ras Samuel, have you picked up 2013's Cedric Congo Meets Mad Professor LP on Ariwa?
"Touch them magically with the rod of melody, We will never let them go" Roy Shirley, Touch Them
Donovan

Postby capullo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:52 pm

just had this album in my mailbox today. it's a decent album and production and songs are well arranged but sometimes the voices sound a bit weak to my ears. the singers are not the youngest anymore and one can hear that. nevertheless. nice album! deep roots with that original black ark sound.

edit: after listening to this beautiful album for some days i have to correct: the voices are not weak, just sometimes not as good as back in the days. the falsetto vocals in particular. good album!
capullo

Return to General discussion