"Vinyl-ONLY" - for and against

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Re: "Vinyl-ONLY" - for and against

Postby Tune In 2 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:24 pm

Tune In 2

Postby Tune In 2 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:49 pm

JUST GO DIGITAL: THE ENVIRONMENTAL CASE AGAINST THE PHYSICAL SALES OF MUSIC
http://byrnebridges.com/2017/07/just-go-digital/
Tune In 2

Postby monkeystyle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:58 am

I combine vinyl and digital when I play out. I don’t bring more vinyl than I’m comfortable carrying. And I dont bring vinyl to venues with crappy sound systems.

I usually only buy tunes on vinyl that are vinyl only. If I can download the tune from beatport, Juno, etc. then I save my money for those vinyl only tunes. I didn’t always do this, but I made this decision to save money. However, I do get requests to play vinyl sometimes, so I’m happy I still have a pretty broad collection of vinyl tunes.

I don’t hate on Djs who only play digital, however I am annoyed when those Djs promote themselves as paying rare tunes etc. you don’t get to talk about playing rare stuff when you don’t have the actual records.
monkeystyle

Postby jah_vaults » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:59 pm

monkeystyle wrote:
I don’t hate on Djs who only play digital, however I am annoyed when those Djs promote themselves as paying rare tunes etc. you don’t get to talk about playing rare stuff when you don’t have the actual records.

What if the selector claims to be playing a rare download? :D :D
CLICK THE LINK TO BUY more items NOW ADDED. Ska, Studio one, Rocksteady, Coxsone, Lee Perry, Treasure Isle, Dancehall, Digital, Dub, Roots Reggae & Ragga C.D.s & Vinyl http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jah_vaults/m. ... 4340.l2562
jah_vaults

Previous

Return to General discussion