Reggae record cleaner for dust no clicks or pops when playin

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Reggae record cleaner for dust no clicks or pops when playin

Postby jah_vaults » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:22 pm

I would really recommend using this on reggae vinyl much better then the felt pad and also much better then any carbon fibre brushes which cause the record to slow down slightly if used whilst the record is playing also causes miniscule scratches.

This brush does not cause the slowing of speed as the bristles are much lighter and can be used while playing the records and the deck is spinning.

This also gets all those little tiny specs out which shine in the light with one wipe and vastly improves fidelity.

Anybody else used anything similar to this?

Here is pic
Attachments
04fab86d1b41e51c.jpg
Reggae Record cleaning brush
04fab86d1b41e51c.jpg (231.97 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
CLICK THE LINK TO BUY more items NOW ADDED. Ska, Studio one, Rocksteady, Coxsone, Lee Perry, Treasure Isle, Dancehall, Digital, Dub, Roots Reggae & Ragga C.D.s & Vinyl http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jah_vaults/m. ... 4340.l2562
jah_vaults

Re: Reggae record cleaner for dust no clicks or pops when pl

Postby SteveT » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:07 pm

Never seen one of those before. It looks like a shaving brush.

Have you got a link to more detail?
SteveT

Postby feury » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:39 pm

I am using ACOUSTECH BIG BRUSH

https://www.musicdirect.com/analog-acce ... cord-brush

it is carbon fiber but much bigger and easier to use imo than the usual brushes
feury

Postby jah_vaults » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:29 pm

SteveT wrote:Never seen one of those before. It looks like a shaving brush.

Have you got a link to more detail?

Greetings Steve .

This is way better then any felt pad and carbon fibre brush. I stay away from carbon brushes as i think they cause miniscule scratches and carbon hairs are always falling off most these brushes although the Acoustic big brush looks good. I would not try it after trying a few carbon brushes and encountering speed problems and tiny dust specs still remaining.

Yes i think this is a professional barbers brush not the typical barbers brush with hard bristles or semi hard bristles. Seems to be a bit more high end. Also is not the barbers brush used on the face. This brush is used around the neck area when leaving the barbers as the bristles are way more softer then the face shaving brushes.

One swipe and even the little specs the felt pad and carbon brush leave behind are all gone. I tried many cleaning methods but when using this brush the music even sounds better then any other method i tried.

There is not much detail about the product so you just have to go with instinct.

I was doing a comparison so i shall leave both links one is slightly cheaper then the other but i think both are the same brushes. I would advise going with the branded version which is a bit more expensive

The Branded brush https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1pcs-Record- ... 2749.l2649

Unbranded professional barbers brush which looks very similiar https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pro-Barber-C ... 2749.l2649

Does anybody think these are the same brushes?

If anybody does get one please let me know what you think of this brush.
CLICK THE LINK TO BUY more items NOW ADDED. Ska, Studio one, Rocksteady, Coxsone, Lee Perry, Treasure Isle, Dancehall, Digital, Dub, Roots Reggae & Ragga C.D.s & Vinyl http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jah_vaults/m. ... 4340.l2562
jah_vaults

Postby jah_vaults » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:29 pm

Here is another brush .

This should be used to clean the slipmats also platter before placing the vinyl on top . Should stop the problem of the mat getting stuck to the vinyl sometimes when lifting the vinyl to play the other side. The brush has words Approved Anti Static control stamped on the brush handle. Length of the brushing bristles are also the same size as the platter.

I tested brush on the underside shiny side of a CD and when held under the light and reflected did not cause any markings so may also be okay to use on vinyl as the bristles i think are made of carbon fibre or nylon. Also has hole on handle to use connected ground cord to dissipate static. Also the bristles do not fall of this brush seems to be well made. Upon researching seems some Record cleaning brushes are made from carbon fibres bristles and others have Nylon bristles or combination of both nylon and carbon fibre bristles. The Nylon bristled brushes seem to be a lot more expensive then the carbon fibre brushes.

Priced at around £3.50 was a real bargain. As the similar but better same size Acoustech big brush cost around £40.00 to £50.00
Attachments
WIN_20180331_181530.JPG
platter and slipmat cleaning brush
WIN_20180331_181530.JPG (148.89 KiB) Viewed 1505 times
jah_vaults

Postby Ranking Glasses » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:22 am

I bought the Moth Mk2 record cleaning machine many years ago. Went to collect it from the man who designed and built it in his workshop in the middle of the English countryside. You put the record on the turntable and brushed in the cleaning fluid. You then flipped the record over and turned on the vacuum which sucked up the dirt and the fluid, while at the same time brushing the fluid into side b. You would turn the record over to vacuum side b. It didn't help with scratches but it made a huge difference by cleaning out the grooves properly.

Interestingly I ended up selling it on eBay a couple of years ago for more than I paid for it!
Ranking Glasses

Postby jah_vaults » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:11 pm

Ranking Glasses wrote:I bought the Moth Mk2 record cleaning machine many years ago. Went to collect it from the man who designed and built it in his workshop in the middle of the English countryside. You put the record on the turntable and brushed in the cleaning fluid. You then flipped the record over and turned on the vacuum which sucked up the dirt and the fluid, while at the same time brushing the fluid into side b. You would turn the record over to vacuum side b. It didn't help with scratches but it made a huge difference by cleaning out the grooves properly.

Interestingly I ended up selling it on eBay a couple of years ago for more than I paid for it!

Bet this was a good cleaning machine probably not available anymore hence why it sold for more then you paid for it as the build quality in general of most items nowadays is very flimsy unless you pay very high money.

I have now tested the Big brush on LPs it does not scratch but does not pic up the dust particles very well hence why it must be used only to clean the slipmats to stop static collecting on the slipmat when changing sides and slipmat getting stuck to the LP.

The Small brush i have started the thread with should be used on the records and the Big brush for Slipmats. If anyone wants the link to buy the big brush let me know.
Attachments
WIN_20180331_181530.JPG
big slipmat cleaning brush
WIN_20180331_181530.JPG (148.89 KiB) Viewed 1384 times
jah_vaults

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:22 pm

Mainly later models of the machine are available on e-Bay but they are very expensive for what is a basic but effective piece of kit: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311.R1.TR2.TRC0.A0.H0.Xmoth+record+.TRS0&_nkw=moth+record+cleaning+machine&_sacat=0
Ranking Glasses

Postby dr3w » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:52 pm

I have one I these (Moth mk II) for sale @350 if any1s intrestd.
The link shows a Moth on eBay which u have to
build urself - the one I'm sellin is fully built and operational. Re delivery: we'd av 1come to some sort of arrangemnt...eithr pick up frm mine or I maybe able
to deliver if buyer pays my petrol n it's within U.K. Or 3rd pty delivery but item is quite heavy. Why am I sellin? Had option to buy a Loricraft so this is surplus now. My email is dr3w3d@live.com if anyone's intresrd
dr3w

Postby Ranking Glasses » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:23 am

Stick it on e-Bay and choose buyer collects. That's how I sold mine.
Ranking Glasses

Postby dr3w » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:48 am

Yea I will - I'm jst givin people here 1st option that's all...it'll sell no problem
dr3w

Postby jah_vaults » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:15 pm

Just to confirm I now no longer have the problem of the slipmat sticking to the LP when changing sides since using the big brush on the slipmats.
jah_vaults

Return to General discussion