Another Level

Talk to your hearts content.....but keep it sweet! No record sales, live events listings or ebay labba labba.

Moderator: B&F Moderator

Another Level

Postby Ranking Glasses » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:23 pm

Does weed allow people to hear / feel reggae on another level?
Ranking Glasses

Re: Another Level

Postby finbar » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:36 pm

Absolutely. In my house, it's the lowest level possible, the basement, with a proper exhaust fan. My wife insists. :D

It alters your senses, so it's only logical that sensory experiences are different when you are under it. But it's not necessarily a good thing to go record shopping while under it, because you often end up with records you wouldn't have otherwise bought......it's similar to how some stores have great sound systems that can make just about anything sound good in the shop, but very different when you take it home and put it on your home hi-fi.
finbar

Re: Another Level

Postby Ranking Glasses » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:27 am

It's happened to me a few times when people around me have been smoking, most memorably at Pineapple Lawn in JA and Shaka's comeback dance at Stratford Rex. I seemed to be transported into another dimension where I became at one with the music. I must have danced for hours on end without any self awareness or inhibitions, just enjoying every tune.

I'm not a smoker but I can become very critical about tunes when I listen to them sober, without even a drink. I pick fault which makes it difficult to enjoy the music.
Ranking Glasses

Return to General discussion